Lemonade or Ginger Beer for 5 gallons?

Try some of these great recipes out, or share your favourite brew with other forumees!
RabMaxwell

Lemonade or Ginger Beer for 5 gallons?

Post by RabMaxwell » Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:09 am

Hello Guys :unsure:
Does anyone have any practical recipes for (Non alcoholic) Ginger beer or lemonade for my son. Most of the recipes i have found on the net are for small quantities and are unworkable. I would be artificially carbonating with cornies and serving with one of my spare beer taps.
Any ideas?
Cheers :beer

PieOPah

Post by PieOPah » Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:41 am

Coopers sell a great Ginger Beer which can be made with Alcohol or without.

norman

Post by norman » Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:21 am

Try this think it might be alcoholic though
http://www.hopshopuk.com/cgi-bin/browse ... =ginger001

Frothy

Post by Frothy » Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:11 pm

I've been making ginger beer for a show this last weekend. I haven't got a precise recipe but I've made about 20galls. My recommendation to you is to make some ginger syrup by slicing root ginger in a blender then boiling it up in a volume of water then straining and adding sugar.

If you don't want to ferment it then leaving the ginger in the water for a night or two before boiling will produce a less green taste, it would be safest to throw some yeast and a kg of sugar in there so you could always make the ginger beer the alcoholic way and then bring the juice to the boil to evaporate off the alcohol. Traditional fermented GB will be <0.5% alcohol by volume anyway as this is the strength that is legal so sell without a license.

experiment with dilutions and the amount of sugar and lemon juice to add. If you need to keep the syrup for any length of time its best to freeze it.

Matt