Thornbridge Kipling recipe????

Try some of these great recipes out, or share your favourite brew with other forumees!
mark4newman

Re: Thornbridge Kipling recipe????

Post by mark4newman » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:45 am

Hi

IIRC FG: 1.004-1.006 , It was certainly much lower than the FG of 1.010 I was aiming at.

mysterio

Post by mysterio » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:19 pm

Try Nottingham next maybe

Lugsy

Post by Lugsy » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:22 pm

I'm just having a couple of pints of "the brewers recipe" that I brewed nearly four weeks ago, it's so nice that even SWMBO, who normally just says "yeah, that's alright" has had two pint's and has actually complimented it :shock:

It's not clear yet and to be honest it probably won't make it to the clear stage, I'll have to brew it again and bottle some for it to stand any chance of maturing properly.

This is a REALLY nice beer, try it! :D

barl_fire

Post by barl_fire » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:36 pm

Fantastic! I think as soon as me Wolf comes out of the FV this'll be following it in there, can't wait. First time I'll have brewed with NS so looking forward to that too.

Spud395

Post by Spud395 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:30 pm

Will have to give this a go when I get some NS.
Have a bottle of Kipling sitting waiting for tomorrow night :)
Love the stuff

Zatoichi

Post by Zatoichi » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:58 pm

Not sure about quantity but try Galena hops I found them to be almost identical and made a beer very similar to Kipling with them! Fantastic grapefruit taste :D

weiht

Post by weiht » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:18 am

So how did recipe brews go? I'd be interested to brew this next and it seems that recipe is contributed by the brewer as he only posted once since signing up...

soupdragon
Under the Table

Post by soupdragon » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:39 pm

I've got the last of the ingredients on order so I'll finally get to do " the brewers recipe ". It's next up but unfortunately that won't be for another month or so yet :( I've still got some TTL clone to sup and I'm not pouring my trial brew away just to free up a barrel so I can brew. It's not the best but the Citra I used in it really are tasty :D
I'm planning to do scarer's Bombay IPA sometime too. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12097#p209040 Sounds like a cracker =P~

Cheers Tom

soupdragon
Under the Table

Post by soupdragon » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:14 pm

Finally got around to it.

I now have 23 ltrs of " the brewers recipe " in the fermenter. Giving Nottingham a go this time as us-05 seems to be rather easily disturbed :(
First time I've used Nelson Sauvin. They seem to have a much fuller more rounded aroma than Citra.
Looking forward to this one :D

Cheers Tom

Lugsy

Post by Lugsy » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:20 pm

Tom - you won't be disappointed, I promise you! NS is a lovely hop, very winey for the first couple of weeks and then lots of tropical fruits. Enjoy :beer:

soupdragon
Under the Table

Post by soupdragon » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:09 pm

Hi Lugsy

I've had my faith restored in Nottingham yeast. The last time I used it, it failed miserably and I ended up having to pitch some s-04 to get the brew to finish. This time it's going nicely :) Mind you, that 1st one was around the time of the " issues " that they had so it might have been a bad-un.....
The brew smells lovely at the moment, I have high hopes for this one :D

Cheers Tom

soupdragon
Under the Table

Post by soupdragon » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:40 pm

It's in a barrel now and it's still smelling gorgeous. Not as full on as it was but non the less...... It's a pity I can't fast forward a few weeks, can't wait to get stuck in to it =P~

Cheers Tom

Skittlebrau

Post by Skittlebrau » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:50 pm

I'm thinking of brewing this for my very first brew. Any reason why this is a bad idea?

staplefordbill

Post by staplefordbill » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:16 am

I'm thinking of brewing this for my very first brew. Any reason why this is a bad idea?
No :-) I made several mistakes when I made it recently but it still turned out great. The hop schedule and grain bill are simple so it's a good choice for a first brew.

mysterio

Post by mysterio » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:07 pm

Skittlebrau wrote:I'm thinking of brewing this for my very first brew. Any reason why this is a bad idea?
Do it!