Adnams Yuletide - could do with some assistance

Try some of these great recipes out, or share your favourite brew with other forumees!
bryanferry
Piss Artist

Adnams Yuletide - could do with some assistance

Post by bryanferry » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:54 pm

Afternoon All,
My local supermarket has been selling mini kegs of the Adnams and St Peters range (as they are the local brews). I picked up a keg of Adnams Yuletide (which promptly evaporated) so I was going to try and clone a batch to refill using a starter from the yeast in the keg.

The tasting notes say 4.5% - This is a wonderful dark ruby winter warmer with a good balance of flavours and a lingering, dry spicy finish and a grapefruit bitterness. It is brewed with East Anglian Pale Ale, Chocolate and Amber malts and hopped with Boadicea and Chinook.

Using the Adnams ingredients chart posted a while back by Kegman viewtopic.php?f=5&t=52921 this seems to tally up except for the Chinook which must be a new addition.

So I'm aiming for a 23 litre batch size BIAB

3.7kg - tipple malt
0.25kg - Amber malt
0.25kg - brown malt
0.15kg - chocolate malt

60g of boadicea hop divided over boil at 60/ 15 and 0 min

brewersfriend seems to think this will come up with an o.g 1.049/ 37.99 IBU and 18.86 SRM - which hopefully is in the ballpark.

This was certainly going to take a few goes to get close but any thoughts would be warmly welcomed.
Grainfather conical standard bitter
Corny Keg 1 - Silver still spirits tonic water
Corny Keg 2 - Purple empty
Corny Keg 3 - Copper low % ale
Demi Johns