London

Try some of these great recipes out, or share your favourite brew with other forumees!
far9410
Even further under the Table

London

Post by far9410 » Wed May 13, 2015 4:56 pm

Hi

Just tried a youngs special London ale, just the sort of thing I want to bottle and keep.

Anyone got a recipe? It's bottle conditioned, does anyone know if it's the original yeast? :D
no palate, no patience.

Drinking - of course

Fuggled Mind
Hollow Legs

Re: London

Post by Fuggled Mind » Wed May 13, 2015 9:59 pm

It is a lovely beer and was one of my regular weekend beers as Swiss supermarkets regularly stocked it. Only one place sells it now and somewhat sporadically at that. I kept a few bottles back in my cellar - the last of which I drank a month ago. It ages well but the marmaladey flavours subside.

Ramblings asides, all I have is what Protz reports in his 300 more beers to try before you die

It's brewed using Marris Otter and crystal malt and is hopped with fuggles, goldings and target. It's warm conditioned on a bed of goldings and target before being cold conditioned, filtered and reseeded. No mention if it's reseeded with youngs yeast, well's yeast or anything else for that matter.

Wish I could offer more.

Cheers

Jason
Once, during Prohibition, I was forced to live for days on nothing but food and water.
W. C. Fields

paulg

Post by paulg » Thu May 14, 2015 6:00 pm

there is a recipe in graham wheelers brew your own real ale book.I assume it is for draught youngs special but the malt and hops you listed are the same so I guess must be close.
I have brewed it several times but have never drunk the bottled version pretty close to the draught in my opinion

see this post viewtopic.php?f=5&t=56603&p=594518&hili ... al#p594518

far9410
Even further under the Table

Post by far9410 » Thu May 14, 2015 8:16 pm

great link mate to trusty old seymour's recipe,thanks, graham wheelers is nowhere near this with an og of 1046
no palate, no patience.

Drinking - of course