Making a simple English Mild.

Try some of these great recipes out, or share your favourite brew with other forumees!
Eric
Even further under the Table

Re: Making a simple English Mild.

Post by Eric » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:11 pm

EddtheBrew wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:43 pm

Hi Eric,
If you're using Munich malt , drop the % by 1/2 and replace with pale ale malt , might need to play with the caramel for colour correction though ,
Best Regards
Edd
Thanks Edd, didn't see the caramel and with no mild malt thought Munich would get nearer the colour. Will have another look at what is in stock and having caramel to hand will bear in mind what you advised.
Without patience, life becomes difficult and the sooner it's finished, the better.

Rookie

Post by Rookie » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:28 pm

Eric wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:11 pm

Thanks Edd, didn't see the caramel and with no mild malt thought Munich would get nearer the colour. Will have another look at what is in stock and having caramel to hand will bear in mind what you advised.
I've read that some brewers go with vienna malt in place of mild.
I'm just here for the beer.

EddtheBrew
Piss Artist

Post by EddtheBrew » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:31 pm

Hi Rookie ,
Maybe in a top weight mild , but I'd go with Pale@90% , Crystal @ 6% , Amber @ 2% and 2% Terrified Wheat , the sugars ( Invert & Caramel) and a black malt broth, ( added cooled at the end of fermentation ) ; as the Vienna Malt is a bit 'Big' flavour wise ,
Cheers
Edd
"It was a woman who drove me to drink and I forgot to write and thank her ". W. C Fields

Rookie

Post by Rookie » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:42 pm

Once I'm able to brew again I've got to do a mild.
I'll probably have to brew with extracts for a while, anyone have any good extract mild recipes?
I'm just here for the beer.