Brew Dog Recipes

Try some of these great recipes out, or share your favourite brew with other forumees!
alexlark
Under the Table

Re: Brew Dog Recipes

Post by alexlark » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:28 pm

Yea that's right all the action is in the last 12 mins. I believe the term is 'hop burst' and works really well. Obviously you loose efficiency on the bittering addition but that's the only downside.

Bunglebrewsbeer
Hollow Legs

Post by Bunglebrewsbeer » Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:47 pm

Shall be trying this. I've the hops to do so. Bonus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alexlark
Under the Table

Post by alexlark » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:48 pm

I've done the same recipe twice. Blown away by how hoppy the first one was for a homebrew. Good luck with yours

Wezzel

Post by Wezzel » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:46 pm

I've done this brew 4 times now, tweaking it slightly for lower OG & IBU's and it's great. Even using only late hopping the bitterness is spot on and after 4 or 5 months in the bottle the aroma still smacks you in the face.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Padalac

Post by Padalac » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:10 pm

Had a crack at How to disappear completely on friday night. Never tried the beer, but the idea of it sounds interesting. Anyway I wish i'd put the recipe into beersmith first because the mumbers don't quite work, at least, not with my setup. It was meant to be og 1.037 and I got 1.050. Also slightly confused by the colour- very dark!

Secla
Lost in an Alcoholic Haze

Post by Secla » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:23 pm

I found the recipes needed a bit of a tweek

sbond10
Even further under the Table
Location: Warrington England usually drunk or being mithered by my 2yr old or wife

Post by sbond10 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:18 am

Anyone tried the beatnik milk stout recipe 173 ? I'm struggling to see how they get to 6.5% with a small grain bill, not done the maths but I think the grain bill is less than 4kg with just under 400g of lactose Deffo gonna run this thru a biab software

bryanferry
Piss Artist

Post by bryanferry » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:43 am

I bottled up the American Wheat #160 at the weekend and that's come out very nice indeed. Nearly came a cropper as I plugged the recipe into the grainfather app and it claimed I needed 6 litres of mash water for a 23 litre batch. Luckily I've done enough not to blindly follow the app (and was awake for once).

Did however drop my usual 75 min mash to 45 following Clibit's wisdom. Will certainly be doing that as standard from now on.
Grainfather conical standard bitter
Corny Keg 1 - Silver still spirits tonic water
Corny Keg 2 - Purple empty
Corny Keg 3 - Copper low % ale
Demi Johns

sbond10
Even further under the Table
Location: Warrington England usually drunk or being mithered by my 2yr old or wife

Post by sbond10 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:16 am

I ran the numbers thru biabacus and I got double the grain and nearly triple the hops the recipe states anyone else get this

beerbeerbeer

Post by beerbeerbeer » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:15 pm

Has anyone brewed punk ipa to the hop schedule in the pdf? Ie the dey hopped version. It has additions at start, middle and end. I assume this means 60, 30 & flame out. Just wondering if i shoild do this or go for the "all in the last 12 minutes" version...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Bunglebrewsbeer
Hollow Legs

Post by Bunglebrewsbeer » Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:02 pm

I'm going to do the all in the last 12 I reckon. People seem to say it turns out well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Secla
Lost in an Alcoholic Haze

Post by Secla » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:40 am

I put punk into beersmith and had to adjust hop timings/amounts to hit the ibu stated and also the grainbill slightly to get the correct colour.

I guess with hops it depends to an extent what year/alpha content the hops used are

Wezzel

Brew Dog Recipes

Post by Wezzel » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:14 pm

I've done the "all in the last 12 minutes" version every time and it works brilliantly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

beerbeerbeer

Post by beerbeerbeer » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:07 pm

Cheers. I reckon i will try the 12 minute punk then. :-)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

bellebouche
Hollow Legs

Post by bellebouche » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:20 am

I've done three very different beers from the book so far.

#215 Jet black Heart (Oatmeal Stout, Lactose, Sorachi Ace)
#198 Candy Kaiser (Altbier, Malt & toffee bomb, Cool ferment)
#174 Restorative beverage for invalids and convalescents. (Bone dry Old School IPA)

All done as close as I could to the recipe (only minor tweaks really) and each one has taught me something new. Very pleased with the quality of the beers so far - has been a great experience. Lots more to do on my wishlist and I can see this book and the knowledge gained from it featuring large in my brewing for years to come.