Brew Dog Recipes

Try some of these great recipes out, or share your favourite brew with other forumees!
beerbeerbeer

Re: Brew Dog Recipes

Post by beerbeerbeer » Sun May 08, 2016 10:49 am

Brewed the punk yesterday. In the end went for hops at 30, 15 and flame out to achieve the ibu stated in pdf (40). Looking at the quantity of dry hops i imagine the "punkiness" comes mostly from that?!

It was a good brew day. Interestingly observed a drop in efficiency - i think this is due to it being a larger grain bill than od usually use. Final beer will be around 5.2 rather than 5.6. Nothing to worry about mind...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

McMullan

Post by McMullan » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:18 pm

So what are home brewers thinking about these free recipes? :lol:

thepatchworkdoll
Piss Artist

Post by thepatchworkdoll » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:32 pm

Hi there
Not a lot Im afraid.
Regards
Patch

Secla
Lost in an Alcoholic Haze

Post by Secla » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:34 pm

They leave plenty open to interpretation !
I had to do quite a few adjustments when i made punk to hit stated gravity and ibus, ended up tasting nothing like it though to be honest

McMullan

Post by McMullan » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:36 pm

I reckon they are taking the piss...

Hanglow
Under the Table

Post by Hanglow » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:07 am

I think they got someone who doesn't homebrew to write homebrew recipes. They are handy if you like beers in question and have enough experience of homebrewing to see what bits don't make sense, but anyone new to homebrewing could run into trouble if the recipe isn't right. Unless of course they have updated them again

jaroporter
Drunk as a Skunk

Post by jaroporter » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:56 am

McMullan wrote:So what are home brewers thinking about these free recipes? :lol:
i'm stoked i now know what alchemy goes into lizard bride. gives me a great base for my own sour ipas :D
dazzled, doused in gin..

bellebouche
Hollow Legs

Post by bellebouche » Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:44 pm

McMullan wrote:So what are home brewers thinking about these free recipes?
bellebouche wrote:I've done three very different beers from the book so far.

#215 Jet black Heart (Oatmeal Stout, Lactose, Sorachi Ace)
#198 Candy Kaiser (Altbier, Malt & toffee bomb, Cool ferment)
#174 Restorative beverage for invalids and convalescents. (Bone dry Old School IPA)

All done as close as I could to the recipe (only minor tweaks really) and each one has taught me something new. Very pleased with the quality of the beers so far - has been a great experience. Lots more to do on my wishlist and I can see this book and the knowledge gained from it featuring large in my brewing for years to come.
and a few months later I can add...

#18 Bad Pixie (Lemon and Juniper Wheat)
#120 Electric India (Spiced Saison)
#208 Albino Squid Assassin. (Red Rye)

My thoughts and comments stand. I've started to get under the skin of the recipe compositions and approach to brewing. The book is an invaluable educational resource. I've made some excellent beers by following the recipes and it's undoubtedly influencing my other brewing.

I'm a little puzzled/perplexed by those that are non-plussed by the release... seems odd to me.

McMullan

Post by McMullan » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:14 pm

bellebouche wrote:
McMullan wrote:So what are home brewers thinking about these free recipes?
bellebouche wrote:I've done three very different beers from the book so far.

#215 Jet black Heart (Oatmeal Stout, Lactose, Sorachi Ace)
#198 Candy Kaiser (Altbier, Malt & toffee bomb, Cool ferment)
#174 Restorative beverage for invalids and convalescents. (Bone dry Old School IPA)

All done as close as I could to the recipe (only minor tweaks really) and each one has taught me something new. Very pleased with the quality of the beers so far - has been a great experience. Lots more to do on my wishlist and I can see this book and the knowledge gained from it featuring large in my brewing for years to come.
and a few months later I can add...

#18 Bad Pixie (Lemon and Juniper Wheat)
#120 Electric India (Spiced Saison)
#208 Albino Squid Assassin. (Red Rye)

My thoughts and comments stand. I've started to get under the skin of the recipe compositions and approach to brewing. The book is an invaluable educational resource. I've made some excellent beers by following the recipes and it's undoubtedly influencing my other brewing.

I'm a little puzzled/perplexed by those that are non-plussed by the release... seems odd to me.
In my opinion, the clones offered by craftedpours.com are closer to the commercial offerings. I guess the 'recipe book' is a nice-to-have, at least to point in the direction. But they ain't given too much away for free...