" Ditch's Stout " Master Class .....

Want to experiment with additions and tweaks to beer kits? This is the place to post.
davew
Piss Artist

Re: " Ditch's Stout " Master Class .....

Post by davew » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:51 pm

Tis drop of good stuff.

Fermenting: Wilkos Cider
Drinking: Wilkos Hoppy Copper (very nice)

WalesAles
Falling off the Barstool

Post by WalesAles » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:28 pm

Good looking Pint there Dave, balanced perfectly, precariously on the edge of the worktop!

WA

davew
Piss Artist

" Ditch's Stout " Master Class .....

Post by davew » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:55 am

Yes but it wasn't there for long as I need to get the pressure down in the big balloon behind. It's not hard work though.

Manngold
Drunk as a Skunk

Post by Manngold » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:45 am

Dave, what is it that you have put the stout in mate?

Thanks

CJR
Under the Table

Post by CJR » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:47 pm

Looks like an inflatable polypin from here.
Southern Brewing

FV 1 (5 gallon): Nothing
FV 2 (5 gallon): Nothing

Commercial: More booze than some local pubs.

davew
Piss Artist

Post by davew » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:02 pm

Yes it is a polypin I got it from murphys home brew. They come with a cardboard box if your any good with origami. I think they are much better than those damn pressure barrels and much cheaper too. One day I am going to get a beer engine to hook up if I see one at the right price.

Ditch
Five figured forum fanatic

Post by Ditch » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:10 pm

Okay, Dave; I'm normally pretty rabidly Against anyone dragging this thread 'Off Topic'. I feel the reader has quite enough to plough through here as it is .....

But, in This case? I saw it coming and was / am just as fascinated, to be honest. You're at least talking about " Ditch's Stout ".

And, having cut my teeth on Polypins? Yeah. I recognised it and would like to know more. I'll have forgotten what ever I learned, back then.

So; What's ye verdict, please? How does my stuff fare in one? No bottled gas, obviously.

" I think they are much better than those damn pressure barrels ..... ". Mm. Care to expand, please?

I have about eight BK's here. Use two, max. Why should I sling them and get Polypins for my stuff then ....?

Manngold
Drunk as a Skunk

Post by Manngold » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:52 am

The only reason I bought it up ditch was because o am having alt of trouble with barrels not giving a good head on the brew. Also it look likes it comes in different sizes.

Dave, Can you reuse them. Once again, sorry for being off topic, will post on dispensing if you would like me to.

6470zzy
Telling everyone Your My Best Mate

Post by 6470zzy » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:44 pm

Ditch wrote:
" I think they are much better than those damn pressure barrels ..... ". Mm. Care to expand, please?

I have about eight BK's here. Use two, max. Why should I sling them and get Polypins for my stuff then ....?
Hold on now...................... I thought that you were drawing your pints right out of the FV ? :---)
"Work is the curse of the drinking class"
Oscar Wilde

Ditch

Post by Ditch » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:00 pm

Ozzy; The pint I'm supping was indeed syphoned straight from the FV. I could go in there now and take a photograph of it.

But; I have another FV, sat on the floor, in there. That's done too. One day ~ sadly, long away from now, because Shane rather f**ked up there. Telling us, only on the night he shut down, that he was shutting down till the 5th! :shock: ~ one day, I'll have more kits.

When they arrive, I'll need those FV's. Thus, I'd (Normally) suck the buckets into barrels, to free up the FV's.

As it is? I'll be spending my f**king savings on Karpakki, trying to stretch through till I can next get kits and get them made :(

Pinto
Falling off the Barstool

Post by Pinto » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:45 pm

Sounds like you need to plan to keep a few "emergency" kits held in stock m8, to cover such eventualities..... :lol:
Primary 1: Nonthing
Primary 2 : Nothing
Primary 3 : None
Secondary 1 : Empty
Secondary 1 : None
DJ(1) : Nowt
DJ(2) : N'otin....
In the Keg : Nada
Conditioning : Nowt
In the bottle : Cinnamonator TC, Apple Boost Cider, Apple & Strawberry Cider
Planning : AG #5 - Galaxy Pale (re-brew) / #6 - Alco-Brau (Special Brew Clone) / #7 Something belgian...
Projects : Mini-brew (12l brew length kit) nearly ready :D

Join the BrewChat - open minds and adults only ;) - Click here

Pinto
Falling off the Barstool

Re:

Post by Pinto » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:48 pm

davew wrote: One day I am going to get a beer engine to hook up if I see one at the right price.
Been waiting for one of those for a long long time m8 :( - in fact, I thought I'd stumbled on one recently on the 'bay as it went down to just a few hours and was £16..... sadly it leapt to £57 in the last 30 seconds of bidding.

The search continues
Primary 1: Nonthing
Primary 2 : Nothing
Primary 3 : None
Secondary 1 : Empty
Secondary 1 : None
DJ(1) : Nowt
DJ(2) : N'otin....
In the Keg : Nada
Conditioning : Nowt
In the bottle : Cinnamonator TC, Apple Boost Cider, Apple & Strawberry Cider
Planning : AG #5 - Galaxy Pale (re-brew) / #6 - Alco-Brau (Special Brew Clone) / #7 Something belgian...
Projects : Mini-brew (12l brew length kit) nearly ready :D

Join the BrewChat - open minds and adults only ;) - Click here

Ditch

Post by Ditch » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:56 am

So ..... Anyone have anything, On Topic to continue this thread with ....? <Glares>

Personally, I'm fresh out of ideas ~ for the minute. Shane f**ked me up Big Time with the timing of his 'We're Off!' email :( Thanks a f**king lot, Shane. That little oversight is going to, potentially, cost me €100's. And further bolster the Polish economy! :roll:

I hope to be getting some more of my gear on, some time next week. That alone will be an abject lesson in the art form of rushing though a batch of Ditch's Stout ~ when the alternative is an 'Arterial Spray' of cash to else where.

Perhaps I should journal the whole, miserable f**king experience? Receipts from Off Licenses, Taxi Drivers, the lot?

CJR
Under the Table

Post by CJR » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:57 pm

You should, and make sure you send a copy to Shane.

As for your own, why don't you appeal to all us nice folk? I'm sure we could all pitch in with a few bottles to send your way...
Southern Brewing

FV 1 (5 gallon): Nothing
FV 2 (5 gallon): Nothing

Commercial: More booze than some local pubs.

Ditch

Post by Ditch » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:40 am

CJR; €50.00 right there. That was a case of Karpackie, taxi'd out here, yesterday. That'll see me through to Wednesday, latest possible. On Wednesday, I'll have my kits and shall have to throw a couple in.

They'll be showing the signs of braining, twenty four hours later. Meanwhile, I'll have grabbed another couple cases of Polish.

See what I just did there? €100 keeps me in stout for a month. €130.00 keeps me in commercial stuff for just over a Week! :shock:

I do not need these jolly little emails, saying; " We've had a great year. Thanks! And we shut down Hours ago, for Weeks! That's You F**ked. Enjoy looking forward to it. "

This isn't going to happen again!

Appreciate the gesture of the thought, mate. Random people, on here, sending me a beer. But, honestly; This is an ongoing thorn in my side. Genuinely. Having to fend off good hearted people who want to send me a beer.

Only one person here has ever sent me a bottle of their stuff. They did that, completely without consultation. That was Aleman. He sent me a 'Half' bottle of his RIS. The postage cost him a Fiver, sterling!!! :shock: FFS!

Now can ye see why I Insist people ~ with the best will in the world ~ just forget about shipping beer to Eire? It's a complete rip off, on the postages.

And there's now an Extremely high chance that anything above a single, half pint bottle sent here will fall into the hands of a Courier. That happens? They'll just f**king send it back to ye. Marked, " Undeliverable ".

Seriously: I'm now looking at getting used to the fact that I have to just accept that anything more than a bill? I can only have sent to town. And pick my post up once a week :(

Now; Before this turns into a thread more befitting the Tap Room ..... The Topic, Please, Gentlemen ..... :roll: