" Ditch's Stout " Master Class .....

Want to experiment with additions and tweaks to beer kits? This is the place to post.
sbond10
Even further under the Table
Location: Warrington England usually drunk or being mithered by my 2yr old or wife

Re: " Ditch's Stout " Master Class .....

Post by sbond10 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:57 pm

ditch the legend growes get your freddy out again ' better than giness ' was my father in laws words

Ditch
Five figured forum fanatic

Post by Ditch » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:00 pm

Yep. That's worth a Freddie!

Ye Father In Law Knows Stout! =D>

bungle666

Post by bungle666 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:14 pm

ANOTHER batch of Ditches stout Kegged today.... had one right out the fermenter in honour of the man... WOW! as usual!

think im on my 10th or 12th batch of the stuff now.. NEVER fails to satisfy!

B..

Ditch

Post by Ditch » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:20 pm

Ten or twelve?!? :shock: F**k me, Bungers, That's gotta be some ..... well; Something, surely?

I mean, yeah. A lot of people come on here and rant and rave about it. But, then we don't really tend to hear from them again :|

I've genuinely never given a moments thought to whether anyone else out there was sticking to it, past the novelty point.

Good man! =D>

bungle666

Post by bungle666 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:10 am

Ditch wrote:Ten or twelve?!? :shock: F**k me, Bungers, That's gotta be some ..... well; Something, surely?

I mean, yeah. A lot of people come on here and rant and rave about it. But, then we don't really tend to hear from them again :|

I've genuinely never given a moments thought to whether anyone else out there was sticking to it, past the novelty point.

Good man! =D>
I like it mate as my "always on" drink! I have a beer tap that I now serve it through and i keep it under pressure (i know you dont) BUT it serves like a pub pint and tastes BRILLIANT! i usually have "Ditches" on the tap and other stuff in bottles! so yea, its a constant in my house :)

B..

Ditch

Post by Ditch » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:30 am

Well; That's definitely worth one of these then, Bungers: Image

As the nearest (Known) thing to a fellow 'Full Timer', I'd be intrigued to hear whether you're considering doing the 'Xmass Special' version? Made up to only three gallons. Horse ownership optional :shock:

This stuff's So f**king serious, I don't know if I'll ever make it, for myself, again. I don't celebrate sh!t any more. Not even my own Birthdays.

But, I guess I really should buy in a couple of those 3 Gallon BK's. One each for the couple of guys I feel it worth making the gesture for.

I have 5 Gallon BK's rolling around here like Tumble Weed. It's just that I'd feel cheap, handing them a 5 with only 3 in it. The smaller, filled, keg would better convey the sense of Joe Pesci;

'Don't be fooled by the smaller size. This f**ka's Seriously Dangerous!' :shock:

bungle666

Post by bungle666 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:36 am

Ditch wrote:Well; That's definitely worth one of these then, Bungers: Image

As the nearest (Known) thing to a fellow 'Full Timer', I'd be intrigued to hear whether you're considering doing the 'Xmass Special' version? Made up to only three gallons. Horse ownership optional :shock:

This stuff's So f**king serious, I don't know if I'll ever make it, for myself, again. I don't celebrate sh!t any more. Not even my own Birthdays.

But, I guess I really should buy in a couple of those 3 Gallon BK's. One each for the couple of guys I feel it worth making the gesture for.

I have 5 Gallon BK's rolling around here like Tumble Weed. It's just that I'd feel cheap, handing them a 5 with only 3 in it. The smaller, filled, keg would better convey the sense of Joe Pesci;

'Don't be fooled by the smaller size. This f**ka's Seriously Dangerous!' :shock:

Im bloody tempted mate honestly i am! you could (for your mates) brew 2 crimbo specials then "keg" them in a 10L polypin each! otherwise known as a "vinotainer" :) will look the part too then :)

whatevers left, you can then sup and enjoy :)

B..

Ditch

Post by Ditch » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:00 am

=D> =D> =D> Bungers? I am Mightily f**king impressed!

That's two of Those sold! =D>

bungle666

Post by bungle666 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:23 pm

Ditch wrote:=D> =D> =D> Bungers? I am Mightily f**king impressed!

That's two of Those sold! =D>
it doesn't very often happen, but sometimes i have a brain fart and come up with a really bloody good idea! hahahaha!

Cheers mate

B..

LeeH
Under the Table

Post by LeeH » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:46 pm

Got my 2nd batch on the go. I serve it with beer gas and it turns out thick and creamy. Yummy!
Sabro Single Hop NEIPA 25/02/20 CLICK ME to monitor progress with Brewfather & iSpindel

seymour
It's definitely Lock In Time

Post by seymour » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:52 pm

Hi Ditch,

This is an embarrassingly basic question, but what do you mean by "basic 5 gallon keg"?
Is it wooden?

Is this a metal cask that sits horizontally with a spigot on one end and a vent hole on one side?

Is it like a soda keg that sits upright with a hose off the top?

Is it a plastic party keg/pressure barrel?

Is it a plastic cube?

I'm wondering what you use, and if you have any pictures?

Ditch

Post by Ditch » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:01 pm

" Basic Keg " / " BK " is generally accepted to refer to a white, plastic 'pressure barrel'. Only, being Basic, they tend to have a 2" neck and bottom tap. That's the ubiquitous, modern form anyway.

seymour
It's definitely Lock In Time

Post by seymour » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:39 pm

Ditch wrote:" Basic Keg " / " BK " is generally accepted to refer to a white, plastic 'pressure barrel'. Only, being Basic, they tend to have a 2" neck and bottom tap. That's the ubiquitous, modern form anyway.
Gotcha. Thanks, Ditch. I'll have to check if we can get those in the US...

sbond10
Even further under the Table
Location: Warrington England usually drunk or being mithered by my 2yr old or wife

Post by sbond10 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:53 pm

I'd happily brew ditch stout all week long but lack of space - only one Fv, I like a change I like to offer guests not just stout a little abit of variety etc. plus funds being a major issue do I brew something new or just the same old.

bungle666

Post by bungle666 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:10 pm

seymour wrote:
Ditch wrote:" Basic Keg " / " BK " is generally accepted to refer to a white, plastic 'pressure barrel'. Only, being Basic, they tend to have a 2" neck and bottom tap. That's the ubiquitous, modern form anyway.
Gotcha. Thanks, Ditch. I'll have to check if we can get those in the US...

he means one of these seymour....

HTH

B..