ATC 800 suppliers

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
Jim
Site Admin

ATC 800 suppliers

Post by Jim » Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:36 pm

Has anyone bought one of these from Sunnycamstore on ebay? If so were they an OK company?

They seem a lot cheaper than Monitors_direct, though MD claim to be 'the only supplier to provide rust-free plastic probes'. :roll:
NURSE!! He's out of bed again!

JBK on Facebook
JBK on Twitter

roger the dog

Post by roger the dog » Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:40 pm

I got mine from Sunnycamstore & had no problems Jim (although I haven't done anything with it yet :roll: )

Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim » Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:45 pm

Ta, RTD. What does the probe look like? Does it look as if it will rust (seems unlikely since these are meant for aquariums!).

JBK on Facebook
JBK on Twitter

Stonechat
Under the Table

Post by Stonechat » Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:48 pm

The first company offers to supply plastic probes as well :?

Reaper

Post by Reaper » Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:52 pm

I just bought one last week, delivered within a few days, no problems.
Paul

Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim » Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:13 pm

Stonechat wrote:The first company offers to supply plastic probes as well :?
You're right. I hadn't noticed that!

So are plastic probes better - they say you only need them for salt water, so presumably I don't need one to sit in my cabinet. :?

JBK on Facebook
JBK on Twitter

Garth
Falling off the Barstool

Post by Garth » Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:15 pm

Jim,

bought mine from Sunnycamstore as well, no probs and fast delivery

StrangeBrew
Under the Table

Post by StrangeBrew » Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:22 pm

I bought mine from Sunnycamstore too and it was delivered 2 days later. Good comunication, received a thank you and notification of item being posted.
They also have excellent feedback of 99.6% with 1335 transactions so they must be doing something right!

I haven't done anything with mine yet either, hopefully I should have it installed by next weekend...fingers crossed.

Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim » Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:23 pm

OK, ta for all the responses. I've put an offer in on this one.

IT ends in just over 3 hours, so we'll see what happens.

JBK on Facebook
JBK on Twitter

Bongo

Post by Bongo » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:44 pm

Good to know where to get these i want one myself sometime,is there much difference by having the probe in or out of the wort,is just in the fridge or cabinet good enough.

Aleman
It's definitely Lock In Time

Post by Aleman » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:52 pm

And I've just Bid on This one it seems that he has put most of them onto Buy It Now :(

As I heat and cool my wort directly, I put the probe in the wort, so that the temperature controller is responding to the changes rapidly. I'm buying the ATC to replace the PID device I'm using for my fridge controller. The PID Works very well, I just want an ATC 800 :D
Last edited by Aleman on Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

timb
Steady Drinker

Post by timb » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:52 pm

Had mine delivered Friday having ordered Weds pm. Seems OK, will have it connected in a couple of days. The probe is only about 1 1/2" long, how far into the wort do you think will be enough :wink:

Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:53 pm

Bongo wrote:Good to know where to get these i want one myself sometime,is there much difference by having the probe in or out of the wort,is just in the fridge or cabinet good enough.
I won't be putting the probe in the beer, just inside the cabinet in a suitable spot away from the cooling/heating sources. Generally the beer will be inside a sealed barrel anyway, though I'll also use the cabinet to ferment in the hot summer months (that'll be next year, by the look of it! :roll: ). Of course while fermenting I won't be able to bring it down to serving temperatures unfortunately, but that'll only be for a week or so, so I can survive on bottles.

JBK on Facebook
JBK on Twitter

Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:56 pm

Aleman wrote:And I've just Bid on This one it seems that he has put most of them onto Buy It Now :(

As I heat and cool my wort directly, I put the probe in the wort, so that the temperature controller is responding to the changes rapidly. I'm buying the ATC to replace the PID device I'm using for my fridge controller. The PID Works very well, I just want an ATC 800 :D
Yeah, I've already lost the one I was bidding on, supposedly to a 'buy it now' bid. :x I've bid on the one ending tomorrow instead, but if that one goes the same way, I'll just pay up, as I'm sick of controlling the fridge by hand.

JBK on Facebook
JBK on Twitter

Aleman
It's definitely Lock In Time

Post by Aleman » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:58 pm

Sorry I should have said that for a 'cellar' then having it in the air is more than good enough . . . . I have measured temperatures of upwards of 5C between air temp and Fermenting wort :shock: hence the probe , heater and cooler goes in the wort.