Stuck tap on burco

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
Graham

Re: Stuck tap on burco

Post by Graham » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:29 pm

Theoretically at least, the washer should be in the flange-side of the tank connector, which I guess is on the inside in this case. This stops the wort seeping through the threads to the outside.

CJBrew

Post by CJBrew » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:20 pm

Theoretically at least, the washer should be in the flange-side of the tank connector, which I guess is on the inside in this case. This stops the wort seeping through the threads to the outside.
That makes a great deal of sense. I was not sure how well a polythene washer would deal with being exposed to boiling liquid for a long time -- as far as I know the type I found are intended for use in a pillar tap fitting (or something). Couldn't find a fibre washer the correct size. Rubber isn't very nice as it degrades...

Any advice on washer types and where to get them?

Glamrox
Steady Drinker

Post by Glamrox » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:57 pm

Thanks for the info guys, I am interested in know about the "right sort" of washers as well. I was a little surprised the connector didn't come with any but I guess it depends on the final use.

RajBoab

Post by RajBoab » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:13 am

Gents,

Bumping this thread!
I've got an old Baby Burco. I've got the tap off and I'm left with a 25mm (1") hole with a raised flange to the outside.
Can anyone point me in the direction of the fittings, tap etc I'd need?

Cheers, Stuart

lord groan
Lost in an Alcoholic Haze

Post by lord groan » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:39 pm

I bought a silicon pie dish from 99p stores and used that to cut out some washers for my tank connectors, the silicon won't degrade and makes a really good seal.
hth
lg

RajBoab

Post by RajBoab » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:33 pm

Thanks for the washer tip.
Before that I need to know if I need some sort of bulkhead fitting or If I can get some sort of lever tap that will fit directly.

Cheers,

Stuart

RajBoab

Before that I need to know if I need some sort of bulkhead fitting or If I can get some sort of lever tap that will fit directly.

Cheers,

Stuart

RajBoab

Cheers,

Stuart