Shiny Electric Keggle (many pics)

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
Down2Die

Re: Shiny Electric Keggle (many pics)

Post by Down2Die » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:22 pm

Nice build. what element did you use?

barneey
Telling imaginary friend stories

Post by barneey » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:41 pm

The tea infuser things were bought from ebay sometime ago, I first tried them in this thread viewtopic.php?f=6&t=48887&hilit=filter , they worked well with a gravity run off but with a pump they clogged up. If you ever want to try one PM me.

The problem I can see trying to use the tea infuser with your build is that the open end would need to have a jubilee clip / mesh end placed over, the other end then having a simple fitting being ported into your bottom outlet, maybe a height issue if using a IC coil to cool your wort, not an issue if using a plate.

If it were my keg I would either build a stainless braid filter & mesh bag (again mentioned on the thread above) or its crying out for a Garth stylehop filter, Deller recently made a v. nice round one in stainless, hook one of those up to the bottom outlet and your be laughing.

Link to Deller hop filter viewtopic.php?f=6&t=52357&hilit=filter

Only one thing to think about with the Deller one is will the thing slide under you element etc????

Hope this helps

Cheers
C
Hair of the dog, bacon, butty.
Hops, cider pips & hello.

Name the Movie + song :)

Deller12

Post by Deller12 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:35 am

bryanferry wrote:Image
keg finished by Bryanferry79, on Flickr

Finally found the time to get all the terminals covered and a new brew bag sewn up. First test had it rolling 30 litres in under 30 mins. Next job is to buy some fresh grain and get the first batch under its belt.
Very nice job =D>

darkonnis

Post by darkonnis » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:29 am

What element did you go with in the end? lovely build. armaflex off ebay is £22 for 2m x 1m so you could attach that with belt or string so you can stilk sit in awe of the shiny before and after mashing. or use towels :-)

bryanferry
Piss Artist

Post by bryanferry » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:43 pm

I went with a heatrae sadia 3kw element.

Thanks Barneey, i hadnt seen Dellers strainer. its a thing of much beauty. There should be just enough room under the element to squeeze in a 'Deller patented filter' if im careful.

Cheers Darkonnis, thats a good heads up. Armaflex is on the (growing) list of stuff to buy.

Was just about to start on a test brew this afternoon but hit a snag. I made a stainless steel coated cover from a kitchen cooling rack to protect the bag from burning on the element. unfortunately when i cut it down to fit the exposed edges have already started to rust up. gonna have to think of a new plan...
Grainfather conical standard bitter
Corny Keg 1 - Silver still spirits tonic water
Corny Keg 2 - Purple empty
Corny Keg 3 - Copper low % ale
Demi Johns