Brewhouse Build - Outbuilding Conversion

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
orlando
So far gone I'm on the way back again!
Location: North Norfolk: Nearest breweries All Day Brewery, Salle. Panther, Reepham. Yetman's, Holt

Re: Brewhouse Build - Outbuilding Conversion

Post by orlando » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:21 am

stevetk189 wrote:Ahh gotcha, sorry I'm a bit brain fogged.

These are very much a work in progress, I haven't had a lot of time to tidy them up. There are a few others but these will give you an idea. They're A5 flyers but are based around the same design I have come up with for the labels, and website when I get around to doing some coding.

Brilliant, really eye catching . Really gets that whole Brewdog vibe going and should appeal to the market you are aiming at. Hope the website has a shop attached :wink:
I am "The Little Red Brooster"

Fermenting:
Conditioning:
Drinking: Southwold Again,

Up Next: John Barleycorn (Barley Wine)
Planning: Winter drinking Beer

stevetk189
Lost in an Alcoholic Haze

Post by stevetk189 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:39 am

I've always liked the grungey style especially in my previous website designs and other projects over the years. It just seems to fit with my "vision" of putting these beers across. The website will possibly have a shop BUT postage costs being what they are it will probably, most likely, begin life as a simple way to order for collection by the customer or, if I can face the paperwork for transporting, delivery. I'm not going to rush into things.
My Craft Brewery in France - Brasserie Artisanale en Limousin
My Craft Distillery in France - French Gin

darkonnis

Post by darkonnis » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:45 pm

Nice labels. I do like em, simple, but eye catching.

Matt12398

Post by Matt12398 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:07 pm

Like the website too. Shame it's all in bloody French. ;-)

stevetk189

Post by stevetk189 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:09 pm

Cheers guys, not got much done with the site. I usually hand code from scratch but with time issues i've opted for a Wordpress install and I'm modding the theme BUT it's seeming to be taking longer to re-familiarise myself with WP and alter it.

floydmeddler
Telling everyone Your My Best Mate

Post by floydmeddler » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:38 pm

They look brilliant Steve! :-)

stevetk189

Post by stevetk189 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:15 pm

Cheers Floyd :)

More work done over the last few days, bottling and brewing in between. I need another brew fridge cabinet as trying to juggle stuff at 19C primary with stuff at 12C secondary and then 20ish+ after bottling is becoming a royal pain in the a$$!

So few words, there's a full write up and more pics on my blog but here goes a couple...

Found a bit of an old oak shelf offcut in the barn, made this.

Cold feed for Immersion Chiller.

Feed to HLT fill.

Nifty SS float switch fitted. I had the switching double checked before fitting, it doesn't need to go in upside down after all. UP is on, Down is OFF.

Thermometer thermowell, homemade copper thermowell forSTC1000 probe and outlet minus take up pipe.

Hooked up and in place.

Off for a beer now :D

crafty john

Post by crafty john » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:22 pm

Loving the mash paddle Steve, very nice =D> You don't fancy making me one do you :D [-o<

darkonnis

Post by darkonnis » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:28 pm

oo very nice, good job mate. thats come on really well and I'm glad your getting there :D Shame shipping to the UK would be problematic!

stevetk189

Post by stevetk189 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:33 pm

@cratyjohn, Cheers, I'd love to make more, it only took me a couple of hours but there was only enough wood for one :( it was gratis from an old shelf, oak planks are pretty dear.

@darkonnis - yeah but it might not be as problematic as I am presuming, we'll have to see :) small steps and all that! The water here is lovely and a great blank canvas for various treatments for various styles. I'd love to get some good old UK feedback on my brews compared to all the lovely craft brewery beer springing up there.

I forgot to add on here that I received my SIRET number today for the brewery so it's now officially, a business. I've sent that off to Customs so they can complete my dossier and issue my excise number and grant me the rights to sell beer. Then I need to visit the prefecture in Limoges city to gain a travelling permit to allow me to sell off site, at markets etc.

crafty john

Post by crafty john » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:39 pm

How dear are you talking? I just love Oak.

stevetk189

Post by stevetk189 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:56 pm

crafty john wrote:How dear are you talking? I just love Oak.
I didn't look closely, I was in a brico place the other day and short lengths about 8" wide were around 25-30 euros (20-25 quid). I didn't look at anything long enough for a paddle. I can have another rummage in the barn and see if there's any more but it was an offcut off an old shelf I'd used for something else. I can't even remember what i used it for.

seymour
It's definitely Lock In Time

Post by seymour » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:13 pm

stevetk189 wrote:
I didn't look closely, I was in a brico place the other day and short lengths about 8" wide were around 25-30 euros (20-25 quid). I didn't look at anything long enough for a paddle. I can have another rummage in the barn and see if there's any more but it was an offcut off an old shelf I'd used for something else. I can't even remember what i used it for.
Save your shavings and scrap cuts, torch em' good, then toss em' in your next secondary FV to simulate barrel-aging. A bottle labeled that way can go for twice the price.

stevetk189

Post by stevetk189 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:16 pm

seymour wrote:
stevetk189 wrote:
Save your shavings and scrap cuts, torch em' good, then toss em' in your next secondary FV to simulate barrel-aging. A bottle labeled that way can go for twice the price.
Good call! Not sure I could label it barrel aged but I could certainly think up some way round it. Oak conditioned...

stevetk189

Post by stevetk189 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:01 pm

Ok so what with my 40th birthday smashing me in the face - about as welcome as a French kiss at a family reunion and it being between -7 and -12 outside now I'm not getting much done in the brewery.

Today I drilled two holes in my HLT to fit my sight glass, JG fittings and Polycarbonate courtesy of the Malt Miller (Cheers Rob) and in that time my hands got so cold I cut myself several times without realizing, which was nice.

As I'm writing this I've just opened up the Gimp in another workspace and reached for my camera... and it's still out in the brewery. Pics tomorrow if camera is not frozen to death tonight.

Still nothing from bloody Customs. Grr/

Brewing tomorrow, Apollo APA and on Monday more Mocha Noire Stout.