The Little Bottler

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
Dave S
Even further under the Table

Re: The Little Bottler

Post by Dave S » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:44 pm

I'm gathering that the Little Bottler is identical to the Bottling Stick with the addition of the tap. If that's the case I might as well go for the LB, even if I end up not using the tap. Just gives me the option. Might go for the Auto-siphon too. That sounds like a cool bit of kit and will save the spillages I tend to get with the sucking method.
Best wishes

Dave

oldbloke
Under the Table

Post by oldbloke » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:20 pm

I thought, and I may be wrong, it's a bottling stick with a tap but most importantly a screw fitting for the FV outlet.

I don't do anything bigger than demijohns, so I have no use for such a screw fitting. I have a siphon tube with the usual anti-trub wand at the demi end and a tap at the other. I get that started, close the tap, then fit a bottling wand to the tap with a short length of tube. Works very well. The point is to make the bottle end of operations one-handed.

Beershed Brewer

Post by Beershed Brewer » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:02 pm

Here is my tuppence worth.

I have the little bottler and tap. I use the bucket that the tap is to batch prime my beer.
I then fill a corny with a piece of tubing fitted to the tap and an outlet disconnect onto the corny and fill the corny keg that way.
Then when its time for the bottling swap the tubing for the little bottler and bottle whats left.

regards

Beershed Brewer