Any Interest in Printed Bottle Caps?

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
Jocky
Even further under the Table

Re: Any Interest in Printed Bottle Caps?

Post by Jocky » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:52 am

Have ordered a sample for mine. If they're nice I'll get a few hundred and will be showing them off at the local home brew club, and I'm sure interest will expand on here.
Ingredients: Water, Barley, Hops, Yeast, Seaweed, Blood, Sweat, The swim bladder of a sturgeon, My enemies tears, Scenes of mild peril, An otter's handbag and Riboflavin.

jaroporter
Drunk as a Skunk

Post by jaroporter » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:52 pm

gotta do the same actually. whats the effect of having more or less than 300 dpi and/or 600x600 pixels and how would i know.. ?
dazzled, doused in gin..

windrider
Piss Artist

Post by windrider » Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:16 pm

jaroporter wrote:whats the effect of having more or less than 300 dpi and/or 600x600 pixels and how would i know.. ?
Might be a bit blurry and not as sharp as you would want. You can 'right click' on the file and click 'properties' then choose the 'details' tab and it'll give you the info you need:
Attachments
screenshot.jpg

barneey
Telling imaginary friend stories

Post by barneey » Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:35 pm

I still have some sample of the tops I ordered way back on page 2 of this thread, so it will be interesting on how these compare.
Hair of the dog, bacon, butty.
Hops, cider pips & hello.

Name the Movie + song :)

jaroporter
Drunk as a Skunk

Post by jaroporter » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:11 pm

ok cheers all good now. looking forward to seeing what comes!
dazzled, doused in gin..

WalesAles
Falling off the Barstool

Post by WalesAles » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:31 pm

Ordered mine today! :D
Had to do it before Monkeybrew. =D>

WA

Deebee
Even further under the Table

Post by Deebee » Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:38 pm

Whats the price of postage to norway?
Dave
Running for Childrens cancer in the Windsor Half marathon.
Please consider helping a good cause:)

UpTheToon
Piss Artist

Post by UpTheToon » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:06 pm

Received mine today. Not great to be honest. Placement varies and some of the printing has either come away or didn't go on right in the first place.

Your Brew

Post by Your Brew » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:28 pm

Hi,

Please get in touch with us if there are issues with your order - we've found issues with the packaging that has damaged some of the prints. Send us a photo and if it's br up to our standards then we'll refund you in full and give you a free sample next time to show you that we can do better.

Lee
YourBrew

Stewb

Post by Stewb » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:34 pm

Mine arrived today too, overall printing standard is ok, if a little variable, and poor on a few, but image size is certainly smaller than I anticipated from the preview view, and placement on the cap is variable in its location on the cap.

I have text in the image I printed, and on reflection a more abstract design (eg like the brewdog logo on their caps) would work better - that's definitely my own learning.

Working your logo with the base colour of the cap is definitely key

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Stewb

Post by Stewb » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:44 pm

Sorry, hit enter before completing- overall I think reasonable and hopefully QC can improve.

I would say promising, if not quite there yet, but part of that is my need to now design a decent logo to tie back in onto my beer labels

Cam
Steady Drinker

Post by Cam » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:46 am

Mine arrived yesterday. Have to mirror the above comments but for a startup they are not bad. Improvements to be made, i'll drop you an email.

Stewb

Post by Stewb » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:54 am

Cam wrote:Mine arrived yesterday. Have to mirror the above comments but for a startup they are not bad. Improvements to be made, i'll drop you an email.
I think that's the key point here, Lee has offered out some free samples as a start up to sort out his teething problems and get a bit of word of mouth going. Given that's what they are I'm reasonably happy- in fact given I paid a tenner so he'd run off a few extra for me I'm still reasonably happy.

If the consistency can hit the printing standard of the best caps, I'd be tempted to switch to these - certainly for all my giveaway beers as well as the special event ones.

As I say, my main takeaway from the first run is that I need to improve my own graphic design skills, and make sure my submitted pic matches his optimised printing requirements.

Will I order again - yes, I'll also await his label printing plans with interest

BackO'Th'Shed

Post by BackO'Th'Shed » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:18 am

I'd echo the comments made by others. I ordered 2 lots of 30 caps, but the image size was different on each set. The placement was also a bit hit and miss too, but that was exacerbated by the circle I had around my image. They are great for a first sample and I'll certainly be ordering again in the future, but I will need to give more thought to my image next time. Also looking forward to ordering some labels in the future. As I don't bottle much these days, I don't mind paying a bit more for custom bottle caps and labels to make something a bit more special for gifts etc.

chris2012
Under the Table

Post by chris2012 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:47 am

Does anyone mind posting a photo of what they look like?