quickie re beer in a box

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
Dennis King
Telling everyone Your My Best Mate

Re: quickie re beer in a box

Post by Dennis King » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:38 pm

Looking forward to this now.

timbo41
Under the Table
Location: nr two big USAFE bases. youll HAVE TO SHOUT! brandon suffolk

Post by timbo41 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:01 pm

Didnt realise you lot were such evil effers! For anyone interested Dennis has done a load of write up on polypins on this and the other place...didn't notice any comments about new Jackson pollacks in the making though!! :D
Just like trying new ideas!

stevetk189
Lost in an Alcoholic Haze

Post by stevetk189 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:15 pm

I'm still very much undecided on the whole bag-in-a-box thing, I love the theory but am yet to see the reality. I've been through a bunch of different trials and am now conditioning the beer in something more robust to stand the pressure then racking off to the bag-in-a-box. Still not overly impressed. It's Ok pulled through an Angram hand pump but only OK, I'm not blown away. I rack x amount for bags and x amount for bottles and much prefer the bottles.

I don't think I'm going to bother with cornies as they seem a bit pricey compared to spending a few more quid and going for proper 11, 18 or 30 litre kegs and not having the stuck arm, non sealing problems I read a lot about.

Bag in a box .... Still waiting to be sold on it.

EDIT These bag in a keg may possibly be awesome though, http://www.ecofass.com/ just waiting to get a quote from them.
My Craft Brewery in France - Brasserie Artisanale en Limousin
My Craft Distillery in France - French Gin

timbo41
Under the Table
Location: nr two big USAFE bases. youll HAVE TO SHOUT! brandon suffolk

Post by timbo41 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:34 pm

Many thanks for your enquiry, breweries use the larger 36pt bags & boxes to condition ale, but this relies on the inherent box strength, the 3L is not as strong (for obvious reasons) so I don't think it will work, by all means give it a go but it's not without risk

This is a direct reply from the guys at beer in a bag, with my details excluded

So I reckon,as an alternatine to mini kegs or bottles for BBQ season the smaller ones are fine.
But for conditioning purposesnot much kop
Just like trying new ideas!