Show Us Yer Kit

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
republicofbeer

Re: Show Us Yer Kit

Post by republicofbeer » Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:29 pm

Here's mine

Image

Image

Image

Image

All housed inside my shed

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
Bunglebrewsbeer
Hollow Legs
Posts: 407
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:51 pm

Re: Show Us Yer Kit

Post by Bunglebrewsbeer » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:55 pm

Looks great. You build the control panel? What elements you have in those monsters?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
orlando
It's definitely Lock In Time
Posts: 6830
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:22 pm
Location: North Norfolk: Nearest breweries All Day Brewery, Salle. Panther, Reepham. Yetman's, Holt

Re: Show Us Yer Kit

Post by orlando » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:11 pm

I like the anti-pigeon roosting devices on the top of the control panel. :D
I am "The Little Red Brooster"

Fermenting: He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother (Wee Heavy)
Conditioning:
Drinking: Hollywood Perfume (American Kölsch), Blitzkrieg Hop, Brown Sugar "How come you taste so good" (Brown Ale), No Stout About It (Porter), From Russia With Love (RIS)

Up Next: With A Bitter Luck, Yellow Light
Planning: Spring drinking Beer

chris2012
Under the Table
Posts: 1112
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:13 pm

Re: Show Us Yer Kit

Post by chris2012 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:15 pm

Haha Orlando :)

m_rawdin
Piss Artist
Posts: 213
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:52 am
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne

Re: Show Us Yer Kit

Post by m_rawdin » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:24 pm

Upgraded from a 3v system a few months ago and made myself an immersion chiller too.
Attachments
20170413_173617.jpg
20170406_201802.jpg
https://www.facebook.com/groups/341609746264187/

Fermenting: Nothing
Conditioning: Smoked porter
Drinking: Cider, witbier, brown ale, Milk stout
Planning: Gamma Ray clone v3

republicofbeer

Re: Show Us Yer Kit

Post by republicofbeer » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:10 pm

Bunglebrewsbeer wrote:Looks great. You build the control panel? What elements you have in those monsters?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes I built it myself. There are 2no 5.5kW in the HLT and kettle and a 3kW in the RIMS tube


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

republicofbeer

Re: Show Us Yer Kit

Post by republicofbeer » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:11 pm

orlando wrote:I like the anti-pigeon roosting devices on the top of the control panel. :D
Its more seagulls around here, helps that they keep the SSR cool too!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Secla
Lost in an Alcoholic Haze
Posts: 644
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:26 am

Re: Show Us Yer Kit

Post by Secla » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:49 pm

nice, im also looking at the brewbuilder 200l pots as a possible part time commercial venture, is yours just for your own use ?

User avatar
IPA
Under the Table
Posts: 1256
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:29 am
Location: France Gascony

Re: Show Us Yer Kit

Post by IPA » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:09 am

This is my set up. No trailing wires or hoses and between the two I can brew batches of ten,twenty,twenty five and fifty litres.

URL=http://s1272.photobucket.com/user/Lastf ... e.jpg.html]Image[/URL]
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." Dean Martin

1. Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... "f*ck, what a trip!"

republicofbeer

Re: Show Us Yer Kit

Post by republicofbeer » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:47 am

Secla wrote:nice, im also looking at the brewbuilder 200l pots as a possible part time commercial venture, is yours just for your own use ?
At the moment yes. However there are plans for it not to be one day. However to make it commercially viable even as a part time thing you would struggle to make it pay using these. The volumes just aren't enough. What you would need to do is find a small brewery to contract brew your core products and just use these for small batch / limited edition beers.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Secla
Lost in an Alcoholic Haze
Posts: 644
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:26 am

Re: Show Us Yer Kit

Post by Secla » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:50 am

Yes I'm not looking at it being commercially viable at the moment. Obviously selling directly to the public is the best idea but not the easiest on volume

User avatar
Bunglebrewsbeer
Hollow Legs
Posts: 407
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:51 pm

Re: Show Us Yer Kit

Post by Bunglebrewsbeer » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:11 am

republicofbeer wrote:
Bunglebrewsbeer wrote:Looks great. You build the control panel? What elements you have in those monsters?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes I built it myself. There are 2no 5.5kW in the HLT and kettle and a 3kW in the RIMS tube


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is it tricky to build one?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

republicofbeer

Re: Show Us Yer Kit

Post by republicofbeer » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:41 am

Bunglebrewsbeer wrote:
republicofbeer wrote:
Bunglebrewsbeer wrote:Looks great. You build the control panel? What elements you have in those monsters?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes I built it myself. There are 2no 5.5kW in the HLT and kettle and a 3kW in the RIMS tube


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is it tricky to build one?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Personally I didn't think so, but I'm fairly good at those sort of things. Search for The Electric brewery. They have a step by step guide to making one. It is however American so lots of the bits they used you can't get here. Mine is actually wired quite differently to theirs, purely because of how I needed it to work with my element combinations. It will however give you an idea of what is involved.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
Bunglebrewsbeer
Hollow Legs
Posts: 407
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:51 pm

Re: Show Us Yer Kit

Post by Bunglebrewsbeer » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:15 am

At best I can do a plug. Haha.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

republicofbeer

Re: Show Us Yer Kit

Post by republicofbeer » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:59 am

Bunglebrewsbeer wrote:At best I can do a plug. Haha.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You might struggle then!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Reply