Triple tap SS beer tower

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
chris2012
Under the Table

Triple tap SS beer tower

Post by chris2012 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:01 pm

Hey,

So I've seen this which looks more or less exactly what I want:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Triple-T ... 77116.html

I'm wondering whether to grab that, ...or does anyone know somewhere to get one in the UK.

cheers

Chris
Last edited by chris2012 on Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

joe1002
Piss Artist

Re: Triple tap SS beer tower

Post by joe1002 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:26 pm

Doubt you will find a new one that cheap in the UK. The taps would set you back that much.

I have no experience with the people in your link, will you get some buyer protection?

chris2012
Under the Table

Post by chris2012 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:40 pm

I'm not really sure about buyer protection on aliexpress, I've bought electronics before on there though, but this will be bulkier so I'm a little worried about the duty.

och29
Piss Artist

Post by och29 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:02 am

http://www.the-home-brew-shop.co.uk/aca ... owers.html

They got them about a month after I bought mine from the US!

Everywhere seems to one made by the same company. It's worth replacing the PVC tubing as I found it gave the beer (and carbonated water) a fizzy taste.
Drinking: AG#7 Final Sprint (APA), AG#8 Buckwheat Brett (Saison - Saison/Brett), AG#9 Helles Meister
Conditioning: -
Fermenting: Selection Pinot Grigio
Planning: Orange Blossom Mead, Mexican Honey Mead, Chocolate Stout

IPA
Under the Table

Post by IPA » Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:53 am

chris2012 wrote:I'm not really sure about buyer protection on aliexpress, I've bought electronics before on there though, but this will be bulkier so I'm a little worried about the duty.
You will probably have to pay VAT but not import duty. You can phone your local customs office and check. As regards Aliexpress your guarantee is that the seller does not get the money until you have received the goods and are happy with them. I have used them and the only grumble is the delivery time but considering the saving I think it's worth it.
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." Dean Martin

1. Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... "f*ck, what a trip

It's better to lose time with friends than to lose friends with time (Portuguese proverb)

Alone we travel faster
Together we travel further
( In an admonishing email from our golf club)

orlando
So far gone I'm on the way back again!
Location: North Norfolk: Nearest breweries All Day Brewery, Salle. Panther, Reepham. Yetman's, Holt

Post by orlando » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:12 am

chris2012 wrote:Hey,

So I've seen this which looks more or less exactly what I want:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Triple-T ... 77116.html

I'm wondering whether to grab that, ...or does anyone know somewhere to get one in the UK.

cheers

Chris

I think you should consider the "Perlicks" that have the flow control on them, if you get an excitable beer they can make the difference between beer & froth.
I am "The Little Red Brooster"

Fermenting:
Conditioning:
Drinking: Southwold Again,

Up Next: John Barleycorn (Barley Wine)
Planning: Winter drinking Beer

chris2012
Under the Table

Post by chris2012 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:20 pm

och29 - That looks very interesting, but i'm not sure i'm a fan of the wooden handles.

orlando - Yeah I've been told how good perlicks are, do you know of any beer towers, that come with them. I'd be especially interested in
nitro type taps, but I'm not sure m(any) come with those?

och29
Piss Artist

Post by och29 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:56 pm

The handles screw off. I think some of the other normal places sell them with different handles.
Drinking: AG#7 Final Sprint (APA), AG#8 Buckwheat Brett (Saison - Saison/Brett), AG#9 Helles Meister
Conditioning: -
Fermenting: Selection Pinot Grigio
Planning: Orange Blossom Mead, Mexican Honey Mead, Chocolate Stout

asd

Post by asd » Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:48 pm

orlando wrote:

I think you should consider the "Perlicks" that have the flow control on them, if you get an excitable beer they can make the difference between beer & froth.
Do the Perlicks all have flow control? Anyone know where I can get a Perlicks faucet from at a reasonable price?

LeeH
Under the Table

Post by LeeH » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:22 am

asd wrote:
orlando wrote:

Do the Perlicks all have flow control? Anyone know where I can get a Perlicks faucet from at a reasonable price?
Some do.

I got mine from www.homebrewstuff.com
Sabro Single Hop NEIPA 25/02/20 CLICK ME to monitor progress with Brewfather & iSpindel