Dispense tubing connectors

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
eskimobob

Dispense tubing connectors

Post by eskimobob » Tue May 23, 2006 7:45 pm

I have an old Carlsburg tap which I am using to dispense bitter reasonably well (although yet to sort the gassing correctly). This connects to my cornie quick-disconnect via a bit of clear tubing (9.5 OD x 6.7 ID). The tube simply pushes inside the back of the connector on the tap (the sort that you press a ring to pull the tube out again).

I also have an old Guinness tap which I am planning on using for my stout however at the moment I can't connect the tap in the same way as described above. The back of the Guinness tap has a similar push fit connector with inner diameter suitable to accept a tube of approx 8mm OD so my standard tubing will not fit.
The tap came with a small adapter pushed into the back which further reduces the pipe size so that it would accept a tube of about 6mm OD.

Does anyone know where I might get hold of a suitable adapter?

Alternatively, you might tell me that in order to serve stout through the Guinness tap (with the internal plate that has 5 tiny holes in it), I must use the thinner tube in order to restrict the flow?

Suggestions appreciated :blink: :huh:

eskimobob

Post by eskimobob » Tue May 23, 2006 8:15 pm

Thanks Daab, I didn't realise you could use brass compression fittings on presumably nylon tubing...

eskimobob

Post by eskimobob » Wed May 24, 2006 7:02 am

Got it now thanks - I didn't get that far down the somewhat huge catalogue at that time. I might see if my local Plumb Centre has similar parts...

eskimobob

Post by eskimobob » Thu May 25, 2006 2:36 pm

Plumb centre doesn't stock anything small enough but the welding supplies shop just up the street sorted me out...Going to rack the stout to a Cornie this week and then give the tap a try :D

eskimobob

Post by eskimobob » Fri May 26, 2006 6:42 pm

This Guinness tap is fantastic! It pours so smoothly. Here's a http://www.forumforfree.com/forums/inde ... ost&p=8851 to a picture of the poured pint :beer