Open ArdBir - definitive BIAB/RIMS controller arduino based

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
arzaman

Re: Open ArdBir - definitive BIAB/RIMS controller arduino ba

Post by arzaman » Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:51 pm

Guys we can't reveal all details and our roadmap strategy !
For sure it will be a “next generation” platform .. :o

Be patient and enjoy current ardbir 2.8.3 with all in one platform

arzaman

Post by arzaman » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:57 pm

Have you ever seen 1L micro(nano) brewery in action ?

Used to test ArdBir and for live demo but fully working

arzaman

Post by arzaman » Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:20 pm

Hi guys
if you have not still thought to you Xmas wish list why don’t you take advantage of the spacial open ardbir Xmas bundle offer ??

you buy an all in one kit and you get nano PCB for free !

VERY FEW boards in stock available !

Order now to get before Xmas
https://openardbir.ecwid.com/

arzaman

Post by arzaman » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:41 am

Hi guys

I have created a GitHub repository with all files including Eagle schematic and PCB

You have two building options: one with LCD mounted component side and other one solder side !

https://github.com/arzaman/Open-ArdBir-NANO

enjoy building your own board and let me know your feedback

br
Davide

arzaman

Post by arzaman » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:56 am

It’s a few months that I was no more active on this thread..but this not mean I have stopped my interest in home brewing and automation

In the last year I have invested lot of time,effort and money in a new brewing automation project and I have design and engineered a new smart and advanced product called SmartPID that I'm very happy to introduce to you.

The product is so advanced and feature rich there is nothing comparable on the market..in the same size of basic STC1000 thermostat I have inserted all you need for your brewing process, fermentation control or any other custom application !

But the great step head is that SmartPID is a real product engineering tested, certified with all characteristic for mass production. No more DIY unsupported kit but a long life-cycle platform powerful, flexible, programmable and SMART. Are you ready to do the upgrade? Just remove your simple thermostat or DIY solution and plug a smart process controller.

I leave you to discover all the features and functions and technical characteristic on the official website http://smartpid.com and FB page https://www.facebook.com/smartPID and I will open as well an official SmartPID thread

I hope you appreciate the big effort put in the design by an homebrewer for the homebrewing community and you support the project as you did for ardbir

Stay tuned
Davide

demig
Hollow Legs

Post by demig » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:15 am

Davide this looks like an excellent bit of kit. I have an Ardbir that I am in the process of building a case for but having seen this I am tempted to stop work until you have this launched. The Iot being built in is especially nice. Keep us posted on launch dates etc.

Great work.

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

arzaman

Post by arzaman » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:48 am

thank you for your kind words and support demig..indeed behind this smart object there is lot of work, effort, investment and I'm fully committed to deliver a professionally engineered device with all certifications, support etc… at the cost of a consumer device

If you see project timeline I'm in and advanced phase but lot still to be done to go in mass production an lot depends on your project support

I will provide further product info and update on the project ..remmer also to subscribe the newsletter on the web site http://smartpid.com/

stay tuned
Davide

demig
Hollow Legs

Post by demig » Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:47 pm

Davide I'm signed up and watching with great interest. I wish you well with this, it looks like a great bit of kit. With the grainfather new controller just launched but only with Bluetooth control I think you could be bringing this out at just the right time. I can however appreciate how much final work you have to do, these things are not easy to move beyond hobby to professional level.

I have a feeling this will really take off well when it's complete. Having the same package size as the stc1000 is brilliant as all of us homebrewers are so used to the format.

Being in the UK it is of course tremendously irritating that the pound to euro rate has gone down as it will cost us more when you launch. This is of course due to my idiotic countrymen and the brexit vote. That said my cash is waiting....

arzaman

Post by arzaman » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:38 pm

I would say that you understand perfectly the philosophy behind the project and I set some requirements as a must ..like the box size and STC1000 backward compatibility
You can’t imagine how much this constrains cost to me in term of design and engineering…
Have a look to all the feature on top:from dual independent control channel…to support of both NTC and DS18B20…and 3 operating mode…5 outputs with two outputs 12V 1A to drive directly a load like a pump or solenoid valve (no more externals power of massy cabling..)

About the project all has been done in the direction of a PRODUCT in term of design and now in term of process for mass production.. from certification , to test, to desing for manufacturing…
Off curse there are risk and possible issue…but I’m committed to solve and go live with a PRODUCT
Your support will be fundamental soon  for now I just need your feedback and kindly ask to socialize the project with the community

About Brexit and pound / euro cross…I can do some special UK discount since I like so much your beer style !

stay tuned
Davide

chris246810

Post by chris246810 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:17 am

Looks excellent, especially like the graph on the display.
I will certainly buy one to have a play about with when it's released if price isn't stupidly high.

arzaman

Post by arzaman » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:23 pm

chris246810 wrote:Looks excellent, especially like the graph on the display.
I will certainly buy one to have a play about with when it's released if price isn't stupidly high.
Yes OLED is very nice component (even if is the most expensive component of all assembly) allow you to have clear text menu and graphic of temperature and set point and PWM percentage
Oled allow any angle clear view

But you can also have same data and much more analytics power on web and mobile

So you can manage you data locally or remotly

Davide

arzaman

Post by arzaman » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:13 pm

Moved the discussion in a dedicated thread

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=76978
Last edited by arzaman on Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

demig
Hollow Legs

Post by demig » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:43 pm

Davide have moved over there but love your comment above re UK discount based on our beer style, great to hear you are a fan:)

zipfly
Steady Drinker

Post by zipfly » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:42 pm

Hi, does anyone know where i can get a ardbir/braudino pcb

Sent from my GT-P6810 using Tapatalk

arzaman

Post by arzaman » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:33 pm

I have some spare PCB for ardbir, nano version, if you are interested and I can give for free...or it cots to you a "like" on https://www.facebook.com/smartPID/ page and subscription on web site newsletter :-)
contact me in pvt

Davide