Ink Bird Temp controller heat & cool, just plug in and use

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
Normski
Under the Table

Ink Bird Temp controller heat & cool, just plug in and use

Post by Normski » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:51 pm

I bought one of these a month ago; I’ve been testing it over the last week.
Seams good.
Easy temp adjustment. Works fine on 240v. Took a couple of weeks to arrive from USA, but I did get cheap postage (approx £5) All in I think it was less than £30.
I’ve also got an ATC 800+ and a STC1000 it’s at least as good as both of them. I did need to fettle two USA plugs to 13a trailing sockets. I’ve built a few stc1000 boxes and this is easier and probably neater. The temp probe cable is nice and thick and looks like it will last a while. You can adjust many settings. The differential above and below the set temp are individually set able. It has an alarm. Don’t think I’ll be using that tho.
I’m not sure how the 1000w limit is when using 240v, possibly halved. So fine for an Fv fridge but not really suitable for a HLT etc.
Norm

http://www.amazon.com/Inkbird-Itc-308-T ... rd+itc+308
The Doghouse Brewery (UK)

bquiggerz

Re: Ink Bird Temp controller heat & cool, just plug in and u

Post by bquiggerz » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:15 pm

Wattage is amps x voltage right? So theoretically speaking wouldn't it be double?

bquiggerz

Post by bquiggerz » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:16 pm

I know I'm probably very wrong in that statement so let's wait for an electrician to say either way

themadhippy
Even further under the Table

Post by themadhippy » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:44 pm

I did need to fettle two USA plugs to 13a trailing sockets.
not good,US plugs aint rated for 240v, are often 2 pin so no earth and dont comply with uk wiring regs,so if it catches fire your home insurance will be useless
As for the rating, without seeing the relay specs its all guess work,it maybe able to handle 9A at 240v,so good for 2kw it may not
Warning: The Dutch Coffeeshops products may contain drugs. Drinks containing caffeine should be used with care and moderation

f00b4r
Site Admin

Post by f00b4r » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:47 pm

I'm pretty sure someone emailed them recently and they said they were about to launch a UK version out the device.

Normski
Under the Table

Post by Normski » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:02 am

themadhippy wrote:
I did need to fettle two USA plugs to 13a trailing sockets.
not good,US plugs aint rated for 240v, are often 2 pin so no earth and dont comply with uk wiring regs,so if it catches fire your home insurance will be useless
As for the rating, without seeing the relay specs its all guess work,it maybe able to handle 9A at 240v,so good for 2kw it may not
Yeah I was unsure, But the spec sheet says - Input power 100 - 240VAC. Temp ctrl output 10A, 100v- 240v AC
It is earthed, and I have replaced the plug with a UK 3 pin plug. Had it on for a week, no problems so far. All cables, plugs, sockets and box are cool to the touch.
I will continue to test it and update this post as long as my brew shed doesn't burn down.

If they do make a UK version then that will be even more useful.
Norm
The Doghouse Brewery (UK)

AnthonyUK

Post by AnthonyUK » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:43 am

I did read about someone having an issue with the wiring with one but if you replace that with UK ones it should be OK.

hxyanne88

Post by hxyanne88 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:17 am

ITC-308 UK Plug is coming now. Good news.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B018K0UKZQ

marinali29

Post by marinali29 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:15 am

:lol: UK version available for sale on Amazon now.
f00b4r wrote:I'm pretty sure someone emailed them recently and they said they were about to launch a UK version out the device.

AnthonyUK

Post by AnthonyUK » Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:20 am

Inkbird have 5 UK units to give away - http://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=562773

Haydnexport
Lost in an Alcoholic Haze

Post by Haydnexport » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:24 pm

mine arrived today , well boxed and very good instructions , really easy to use , i'll probably get another 2 if this 1 survives 6 months.

Beer O'Clock
It's definitely Lock In Time

Post by Beer O'Clock » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:05 pm

Ordered the UK one yesterday. I will back to back it with my ATC-800+ and report my findings.
I buy from The Malt Miller

There's Howard Hughes in blue suede shoes, smiling at the majorettes smoking Winston cigarettes. .

bobsbeer

Post by bobsbeer » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:12 pm

I got UK spec one via Amazon. Great bit of kit. Plug and play. Currently it is controlling the temp in my shed, till my kegerator is ready to go, but very nice build and good specs. It won't do what a flashed STC will do, but for straight up temp control it's a very good unit that needs no building right out of the box.

Goulders
Under the Table

Post by Goulders » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:33 pm

+1 Inkbird arrived today. Two minutes to set up for my kegerator and within 0.1C of my STC-1000, which will be used solely for fermentation.

joolz

Post by joolz » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:34 am

My inkbird ITC-308 with UK double plug (1 for cooling / 1 for heating) turned up today from Amazon. Seems very good, easy to setup with more options than ATC800+. Delivery took about 10 days from China.
It's currently controlling my single vessel fermentation fridge, whilst I finish building my larger 6 vessel fridge.
Spec sheet states:-

Temp range - -50 to 120 degC (but I think max temp you can set is 99.9 degC)
Temp accuracy - +/- 1 degC
Sensor type - NTC
Sensor length - 2m
Relay contact - 10A Heating / 10A Cooling
Power - 2200W