Cornie costs

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
mysterio

Cornie costs

Post by mysterio » Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:52 pm

I've been reading up about cornies and searching the threads on here and I've decided to go ahead and get one once if I can afford it. I'm getting a bit sick with king kegs after a bad batch and the inevitable driping taps etc. Plus I want the option of carbonating lagers/transporting brews.

So what will I have to pay, Including the hidden costs like co2? I'm thinking I'll get one of the widget world set ups, so thats £32 off of hop & grape including the guage and whatnot. Or is there a better gas set up? The basic cornelius keg is £34 of H&G aswell, or should I try for one from ebay? What will I need on top of that and how much will it cost?

Sorry for all the questions but I'd appreciate any help!

mysterio

Post by mysterio » Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:49 am

Thanks for the reply DaaB.

I don't see where I'm going to get pub gas from... any ideas?

I'm definately not using the hambleton bard s30 bulbs, the valves on those frequently stick. I will probably go with a WW set up. How long do one of their bulbs last? And do you send them back to H&G for a refill? Lastly how do I contact Norm??

Frothy

Post by Frothy » Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:32 am

For my pub-gas I looked under Yell.com for local gas suppliers, first one I phoned although he wasn't supplying what I wanted pointed me straight in the right direction.

Matt

mysterio

Post by mysterio » Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:19 pm

Great thanks for the help. Theres no widget world stockists around here so I'm looking into pub gas.

I'm surprised the UK market isn't really geared up for this sort of thing.