Fun with co2

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
bryanferry
Piss Artist

Fun with co2

Post by bryanferry » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:31 pm

Ive been having trouble with mini regulators on my kegs, tried to switch back and use my co2 charger with a new bulb and this happened.

Upshot was a room full of co2 and me two kilos lighter on account of the loud noise it made.... :oops:

Now have two full kegs that I was going to force carb, looks like I'm pub bound this weekend.
Grainfather conical standard bitter
Corny Keg 1 - Silver still spirits tonic water
Corny Keg 2 - Purple empty
Corny Keg 3 - Copper low % ale
Demi Johns

chris2012
Under the Table

Re: Fun with co2

Post by chris2012 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:46 pm

Bugger :( I'm assuming you're not using corny kegs, as I was thinking it'd probably be a lot cheaper for you to use a gas cylinder?

bryanferry
Piss Artist

Post by bryanferry » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:52 pm

I bought two corny kegs a couple of years ago. Normally batch prime so the chargers good for dispensing the tale end of the batch. Will eventually go to full cylinders once I get round to buying kit.

Tried recently to buy mini regulators as an interim but I've had two delivered so far and neither regulator works!
Demi Johns

Rookie
Falling off the Barstool

Post by Rookie » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:09 am

bryanferry wrote:I bought two corny kegs a couple of years ago. Normally batch prime so the chargers good for dispensing the tale end of the batch. Will eventually go to full cylinders once I get round to buying kit.

Tried recently to buy mini regulators as an interim but I've had two delivered so far and neither regulator works!
I recently bought a mini regulator system that had a defective regulator. I sent the whole thing back (paid for by the HBS) and they diagnosed the problem as a leaky regulator. They sent the system back with a new regulator and a bunch of free CO2 cartridges to make up for the inconvenience. The new one is working perfectly.
Whoever you bought those from should make it right or return your money.
I'm just here for the beer.

bryanferry
Piss Artist

Post by bryanferry » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:31 am

The current regulator is a replacement for one that didnt work. I've emailed the HBS to ask for help. Suppose I'll have a look to see if i can find a cost effective regulator and gas bottle.
Demi Johns