100 litre brew pot

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
greenwood
Steady Drinker

100 litre brew pot

Post by greenwood » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:34 pm

Anyone advise the best place to purchase a 100 litre boiler with tap to go on gas ring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlanManley
Tippler

Re: 100 litre brew pot

Post by AlanManley » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:49 pm

This is where I'm planning to get mine from shortly.

They were at this year's Homebrew Festival and they were great.

https://www.bridgewaterbrewing.co.uk/st ... m_Pot.html

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

sbond10
Even further under the Table
Location: Warrington England usually drunk or being mithered by my 2yr old or wife

Post by sbond10 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:22 am

Bridgewater
Powell brewing
The home brew builder
Angel home brew
The malt miller
And direct from bergland in germany

Fil
Telling imaginary friend stories

Post by Fil » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:00 pm

For a basic cheap catering stock pot email the german sellers of 'inox marmite 100l' on ebay.fr
catering-portal.bergland@msg.afterbuy.de

For an off ebay delivered to UK Quote, if you like the price they will issue a paypal invoice and you will get the pots via courier a few days later.

There can be issues with UK couriers and rough handling, lil dings you can pop/knock back out are understandable considering the cardboard box container and size of 100 (98l) pots. But to avoid further return delays, imho its worth putting off signing for receipt until you have opened the box and given it the once over (45 second job if you have a stanley knife or similar at hand for the tape..) As if it has a big crease in the SS it will save a week+ in turn around if you simply refuse delivery and send it back so they can qualify its a legitimate replacement and send one out asap.

fwiw i have had 3 x deliveries and have had occasion to return one pot for replacement, the only hassle in the procedure was the delay due to arranging recollection (No i didnt check the box that time!!) which needed completion before a replacement would be sent out (reasonable..).

EDIT.. Afaik the basic pots are Not suitable for induction hobs and the handles are not strong enough to lift a full (1/2 full) pot and are intended for use when empty only..

but if considering a diy build the thinner SS is a benefit when it comes to drilling pilot holes punching out holes for valves, elements etc..
ist update for months n months..
Fermnting: not a lot..
Conditioning: nowt
Maturing: Challenger smash, and a kit lager
Drinking: dry one minikeg left in the store
Coming Soon Lots planned for the near future nowt for the immediate :(