Peltier fermentation chamber.

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
Mjr6313
Piss Artist

Peltier fermentation chamber.

Post by Mjr6313 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:07 pm

I'm thinking of building a fermentation cabinate that will hold 3 fermentation buckets and 40+ bottles as a standard freezer will not hold the amount I need.
My 1hr of surfing came up with peltier as a good way of accomplishing this, has anyone got any experiance with this. The build will be easy just the cooling method is there a better method and how would I work out any variables to keep a constant 12°c ie size of peltier cooler.
Thank you brewers.
My wife wanted me to get a hobby now I make beer. She says I'm always in my shed I KEEP TELLING HER IT WAS HER IDEA.

sonicated
Hollow Legs

Re: Peltier fermentation chamber.

Post by sonicated » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:53 pm

I built exactly what you are describing, detailed here:

https://www.jimsbeerkit.co.uk/forum/vie ... hp?t=79059

It worked okay last summer but couldn't handle the heatwave this year. I ripped it out and filled the hole.

To keep on brewing I put a 25l bucket in the keezer filled with water and 300ml of bleach to keep it clean. I attached a pump and a 10m silicone tube that goes from the bucket in the keezer to the fermentation chamber, all around and then back into the bucket in the keezer. It seems to be working well but only time (and another heatwave!) will tell.

guypettigrew
Even further under the Table

Post by guypettigrew » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:21 am

If you have a look at the second page of this thread you'll see the chiller cupboard built in my converted garage.

It uses a plate evaporator, mechanical thermostat and external compressor. After getting the seals right, and the usual tweaking of the thermostat, the cupboard keeps the kegs at a very nice 12C, or thereabouts.

Guy

Mjr6313
Piss Artist

Post by Mjr6313 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:01 am

That is almost professional the only thing that's missing is the plumbing nice setup one day I will be up to the degree but for now while my kids take up my space I will keep it basic.
I like the thought for the pint glass space I would have forgotten about that I now have to do some 're thinking of my plans.
How do you find the king kegs most people complain about them.
My wife wanted me to get a hobby now I make beer. She says I'm always in my shed I KEEP TELLING HER IT WAS HER IDEA.