Pressure barrell leak

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
Chris brews
Sober

Pressure barrell leak

Post by Chris brews » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:21 pm

Hi Newbie here, just transferred by first batch of cider to my pressure barrell yesterday all good no leaks. No leaks this morning but a couple of drips this afternoon so I have released a bit of pressure (2nd fermentation on the go). I'm now debating buying some bottles and transferring before I loose my cider. Any advice appreciated!! :shock:

bigyin
Sober

Re: Pressure barrell leak

Post by bigyin » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:27 pm

depends where the leak is, can it be sorted by tightening something, how much it's leaking... and so on.

A few wee drips ain't gonna add up to much, but a little worse than that could mean losing more than you're comfortable with....

If the leak is more than you're comfy with, and you can't find a way to fix it, then maybe going to bottles is best?

Horden Hillbilly

Post by Horden Hillbilly » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:44 pm

If it's a budget pressure barrel, don't push the tap to the fully closed position. Turn it back slightly to a 90 degree angle to the front of the barrel.

WalesAles
Falling off the Barstool

Post by WalesAles » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:39 pm

Horden Hillbilly wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:44 pm
If it's a budget pressure barrel, don't push the tap to the fully closed position. Turn it back slightly to a 90 degree angle to the front of the barrel.
Horden,
I was going to say that.

WA