BrewBuilder High End vs SS Brewtech Kettle

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
AFewTooMany
Sober

BrewBuilder High End vs SS Brewtech Kettle

Post by AFewTooMany » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:33 am

Looking for a 70-80 Litre kettle for use on an induction hob and can't decide between these two. They are both around £220 with all the fittings so does anybody have an opinion or some advice? It's a fair chunk of change for me but I'd rather buy once and be done with it.

I aim to have a tap with pickup tube as close to wall of kettle as possible and a whirlpool return fitting above it.

Cheers

LeeH
Under the Table

Re: BrewBuilder High End vs SS Brewtech Kettle

Post by LeeH » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:20 am

Hi have the same SS pots, had them for years with no issues. But if course you would expect that with any pots.

You won’t go wrong with either so maybe just choose whoever gives you the best deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Sabro Single Hop NEIPA 25/02/20 CLICK ME to monitor progress with Brewfather & iSpindel

orlando
So far gone I'm on the way back again!
Location: North Norfolk: Nearest breweries All Day Brewery, Salle. Panther, Reepham. Yetman's, Holt

Post by orlando » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:38 am

I have a BB kettle and would recommend the FO filter to go with it, rather than just a pick up tube. Your idea of getting exactly what you want and buying once is very sound.
I am "The Little Red Brooster"

Fermenting:
Conditioning:
Drinking: Southwold Again,

Up Next: John Barleycorn (Barley Wine)
Planning: Winter drinking Beer

Secla
Lost in an Alcoholic Haze

Post by Secla » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:59 am

I’m pretty sure both pots are from the same source, I’ve had both and quality on good is both, I’d say the etched markings are better on the ss brewtech and they have the rubber handles also