New pH probe--help!!

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
Kev888
So far gone I'm on the way back again!

Re: New pH probe--help!!

Post by Kev888 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:56 pm

My Chinese probe has also arrived now. It seems to work very well, so is amazing value including postage!

Recently I've had a lot of Chinese purchases turn out to be disappointing even for the price, in some cases downright unusable. So very nice to see that properly good bargains can still be had.

I might even have a third go at getting a TDS meter; my first failed after a couple of months, the replacement wasn't working on arrival, but I know several people have had good success with them so I've almost certainly been unlucky.
Kev

Hanglow
Under the Table

Post by Hanglow » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:15 pm

Been wanting a pH meter but the price of the voltcraft has been putting me off, has anyone on this forum/other uk forums used that one LeeH?

orlando
Location: North Norfolk: Nearest breweries All Day Brewery, Salle. Panther, Reepham. Yetman's, Holt

Post by orlando » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:18 pm

orlando wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:26 pm
guypettigrew wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:50 pm
Thanks for the recommendation, Orlando. Much appreciated.
Funnily enough after doing so I had a brew in which my meter was not registering a stable reading so I decided to order a new on too. Like Kev says at that price it really has to be tried. It's claimed to have been dispatched but the delivery window is 9th Dec - 10th Jan. Better not be the latter. :(
Arrived today.
I am "The Little Red Brooster"

Fermenting:
Conditioning:
Drinking: Southwold Again,

Up Next: John Barleycorn (Barley Wine)
Planning: Winter drinking Beer

McMullan

Post by McMullan » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:30 pm

Hanglow wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:15 pm
Been wanting a pH meter but the price of the voltcraft has been putting me off, has anyone on this forum/other uk forums used that one LeeH?
For that price you'd be better off getting one from Amazon or eBay. At least you'd get a replacement or a refund if it went 'bang'. Plus that seller on Aliexpress is a tosser, if anything goes wrong. The customer is a 'mark' to these guys.

orlando
Location: North Norfolk: Nearest breweries All Day Brewery, Salle. Panther, Reepham. Yetman's, Holt

Post by orlando » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:57 pm

Eric wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:28 pm
the storage holder is very small and will soon dry if it not properly tightened or there is spillage.
I just unpacked mine and Eric is right. I kept my old Voltcraft one so have just swapped them over.
I am "The Little Red Brooster"

Fermenting:
Conditioning:
Drinking: Southwold Again,

Up Next: John Barleycorn (Barley Wine)
Planning: Winter drinking Beer