Starsan

The place to discuss all things about brewing hygiene!
cellone

Re: Starsan

Post by cellone » Sat May 10, 2014 10:28 am

Redundant link.

I for one like the new and improved JBK. =D>

LeeH
Under the Table

Post by LeeH » Sat May 10, 2014 2:58 pm

Come again?
Sabro Single Hop NEIPA 25/02/20 CLICK ME to monitor progress with Brewfather & iSpindel

Newbrew1

Post by Newbrew1 » Wed May 14, 2014 10:18 am

Sorry leeh but .25 fluid ounces uk is only .24 us fluid ounces so you may be slightly down on the ph. Although there is 28.4 ml in a uk fluid ounce so it would be 7.1 ml of starsan and there is 33 ml in us fluid ounce so that would be 8 ml of starsan in a 1/4 ounce . I think starsan is made in us so therefore the ratio would be 8 ml might be wrong and a bit nerdy or just head gone with home brew ha ha #-o

LeeH
Under the Table

Starsan

Post by LeeH » Wed May 14, 2014 12:56 pm

8ml is 0.27 us oz, there is a 1/4 mark on the bottle.

We are not making Swiss watches here are we....
Sabro Single Hop NEIPA 25/02/20 CLICK ME to monitor progress with Brewfather & iSpindel

DeadFall
Under the Table

Post by DeadFall » Wed May 14, 2014 2:43 pm

1.6ml per litre is my usual rate, 2.6 for sani-clean. Get a syringe from the local junkie pop in clinic if you have no shame. Or they're about £2 from the chemist (who will think you're a rich junkie). Auto-glym bottles are cheap on ebay, I bought a pack of 3 several years ago and they're going strong. Don't let this stuff sit undiluted on anything you care about. A friend of mine tried to store it in glass bottle... it didn't work. I had to replace the kitchen counters in my last place after I left the bottle on them during a brew session. I now store them on a wooden panel and work over a wooden panel when I'm measuring out.
Let's all go home, pull on our gimp suits and enjoy life

Brewing chat on slack - http://thelocal.stamplayapp.com

gibbiem

Post by gibbiem » Wed May 14, 2014 4:50 pm

LeeH wrote:8ml is 0.27 us oz, there is a 1/4 mark on the bottle.

We are not making Swiss watches here are we....
Ha ha ha ha ha