Which Software?

If you use Beersmith, Promash, Beer Engine, or whatever, this is the place to discuss pros, cons, tips and tricks
mozza
Under the Table

Re: Which Software?

Post by mozza » Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:38 am

I'm just getting to grips with beer smith (the pay for version). It's got loads of good features like telling you exactly how much it costs you per batch ect. I can't help thinking it's very tedious in getting a recipe written out. Takes me bleddy ages! :lol:
Cheers and gone,

Mozza

Cpt.Frederickson
Hollow Legs

Post by Cpt.Frederickson » Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:26 pm

mozza wrote:I'm just getting to grips with beer smith (the pay for version). It's got loads of good features like telling you exactly how much it costs you per batch ect. I can't help thinking it's very tedious in getting a recipe written out. Takes me bleddy ages! :lol:
Found exactly that too! Used BrewMate before, was certainly easier to use. And some of the extra features like the inventory are good but really not totally necessary.
Tend to stick with BIABacus for most of the stuff these days.
The Hand of Doom Brewery and Meadery
Fermenting -
Conditioning - Meads - Raspberry Melomel yeast test, Vanilla Cinnamon Metheglyn, Orange Melomel.
Drinking - Youngs AAA Kit; Leatherwood Traditional Mead, Cyser, Ginger Metheglyn.
Planning - Some kits until I can get back to AG, then a hoppy porter, Jim's ESB, some American Red.

crookedeyeboy

Post by crookedeyeboy » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:05 am

I've started using Brewers Friend, I use a Mac at home and a PC at work and was fed up with swapping between brewing software, especially with the discrepancies between calculations etc.

I've found BF to be very intuitive, cheap for a yeasr subscription, and the best element for me is that it is all based online so I can access all my info from anywhere, it comes with an iPhone app too which I use for SG correction.

Theres a user forum and the guy who's set it up is very friendly and happy to help.

Give it a go!

Pamula

Post by Pamula » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:06 am

Actually i do not know about brewing software. Even i do not know how to use it. how can i get this information easily ?

domwalsh
Sober

Post by domwalsh » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:57 pm

I've used Brewers Friend and found it pretty easy to use, both on my phone and laptop. Not used any others to compare though.

LeeH
Under the Table

Post by LeeH » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:39 pm

Beer smith mobile is much simple to make recipes than the PC version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Sabro Single Hop NEIPA 25/02/20 CLICK ME to monitor progress with Brewfather & iSpindel