Beer smith 2 mobile

If you use Beersmith, Promash, Beer Engine, or whatever, this is the place to discuss pros, cons, tips and tricks
sbond10
Even further under the Table
Location: Warrington England usually drunk or being mithered by my 2yr old or wife

Beer smith 2 mobile

Post by sbond10 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:22 am

Does anyone soley use beer smith 2 mobile? I dont really use any brewing software atm but been given a google play voucher and thought might give it ago. Can i set up my equipment profile like the laptop version ?.
Im a biab brewer and know alot of my volumes (i just wanna screw down predictability ibu s ,complete volumes, abv and brew house effiencey ).
Is the likes of water chemistry on there and what are major differances between the mobile and computer version.

LeeH
Under the Table

Re: Beer smith 2 mobile

Post by LeeH » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:07 pm

I have it on my iPad, it’s great.

You can export you recipes to the mobile version via the cloud so just use the PC version as normal if you like to produce the recipe.

It had loads of calculators and extra downloads for extra grains, hops yeasts etc.

Have a look on you tube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Sabro Single Hop NEIPA 25/02/20 CLICK ME to monitor progress with Brewfather & iSpindel

sbond10
Location: Warrington England usually drunk or being mithered by my 2yr old or wife

Post by sbond10 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:18 pm

I dont have the pc version ill be using the phone version as a standalone one

LeeH
Under the Table

Post by LeeH » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:33 pm

Never used it on my phone unfortunately. Do you have a tablet? It’s extremely functional, you won’t be disappointed.

Sabro Single Hop NEIPA 25/02/20 CLICK ME to monitor progress with Brewfather & iSpindel

brewhaha
Sober

Post by brewhaha » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:47 pm

I've got the android app. You can set up equipment & water profiles, add custom ingredients. There are also a load of ingredient/equipment add ons that are updated every now & again.

I like it & have used it for around 20 recipes now but I've never used any other software so can't compare. I too used a voucher!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

sbond10

Post by sbond10 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:54 pm

LeeH wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:33 pm
Never used it on my phone unfortunately. Do you have a tablet? It’s extremely functional, you won’t be disappointed.

No sadly not

Well i guess theres only one way to find out

LeeH
Under the Table

Post by LeeH » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:06 pm

You won’t have to buy it again if you ever get a tablet anyway.

Beer Smith mobile 3 is out this year as a free upgrade apparently.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

sbond10

Post by sbond10 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:25 am

LeeH wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:06 pm
You won’t have to buy it again if you ever get a tablet anyway.

Beer Smith mobile 3 is out this year as a free upgrade apparently.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
From what ive seen if i use the same google play account i should be able to have it if i ever get a tablet on that device too.

The biggest question is it worth the 7 quid fee

If anyone else wants a ten quid google play voucher you just have to have a referal code on google pay and make 5 transtractions using your phone on contactless thru july

LeeH
Under the Table

Beer smith 2 mobile

Post by LeeH » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:47 am

It was worth it for me as I use it on brew days, it’s has the sequence of events and a timer.

Last edited by LeeH on Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

sbond10

Post by sbond10 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:18 am

LeeH wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:47 am
I was worth it for me as I use it on brew days, it’s has the sequence of events and a timer.

Think ill pull the trigger on it later this week, do you use the water additions ?

Robwalkeragain
Hollow Legs

Post by Robwalkeragain » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:31 am

I've used it for 3 years in the brewery. Great for putting recipes together and quick calculations on the day (hydrometer correction etc) but lacking in terms of efficiency calculation, water adjusting is finicky but bru'n water is the way to go for that anyway. Ignore the FG estimates too. Either way I wouldn't be without it.

wolfenrook
Piss Artist

Post by wolfenrook » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:44 pm

I used it without the desktop version for a while. However I'd build my recipe in BIABacus first, then manually transfer it to BS2 on my phone and tweak it a bit. This worked really well for quite some time, allowing me to iron out niggles with both BIABacus and BS2.

These days I have BS2 and BS3 desktop software too, so am slowly shifting over to building recipes in BS3, as now I have my eye in with it so to speak it gets much better accuracy with numbers than BIABacus ever did (regarding FG numbers, once you have used a yeast a few times, you can easily tweak the attenuation set in beersmith to more closely match the numbers you get, et voila it gives more accurate estimates for this, it's all about dialling the software in), and the ability to transfer recipes via the "cloud" is a really handy feature.

LeeH
Under the Table

Beer smith 2 mobile

Post by LeeH » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:52 pm

sbond10 wrote:
LeeH wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:47 am
I was worth it for me as I use it on brew days, it’s has the sequence of events and a timer.

Think ill pull the trigger on it later this week, do you use the water additions ?

No, I use my Murphys water report as it’s simple to understand. I don’t understand the water science so just follow that blindly.

Beer smith asks for information the Murphys report doesn’t have I think but I haven’t revisited it since I first started AG a few years back.