Brewfather brewing app

If you use Beersmith, Promash, Beer Engine, or whatever, this is the place to discuss pros, cons, tips and tricks
Post Reply
User avatar
SouthfolkBrewing
Sober
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu May 24, 2018 2:50 pm

Brewfather brewing app

Post by SouthfolkBrewing » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:04 am

There is a new or newish recipe builder that is quite easy to use.
There is a premium option for about £20 a year

https://www.facebook.com/groups/brewfather/

f00b4r
Lost in an Alcoholic Haze
Posts: 731
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:54 pm
Location: Berlin

Re: Brewfather brewing app

Post by f00b4r » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:38 am

I've been playing around with this for the last week or so and will be brewing with it on Monday, so far i've been really impressed and the pace of development and responsiveness of the developer is really high. I am 99% sure that I will be buying the subscription to it, I just want to see it used on a brew day first.
Finally a cross platform app that doesn't have a UI that is offensive to the eyes.

chefgage
Hollow Legs
Posts: 492
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:37 am

Re: Brewfather brewing app

Post by chefgage » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:57 pm

Cheers for the heads up. How does this differ from the grainfather recipe builder and connect app?

f00b4r
Lost in an Alcoholic Haze
Posts: 731
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:54 pm
Location: Berlin

Re: Brewfather brewing app

Post by f00b4r » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:57 pm

chefgage wrote:Cheers for the heads up. How does this differ from the grainfather recipe builder and connect app?
It's not related at all to them. It's basically the equivalent of Beersmith or similar software and can be used on any brew setup (it has a bunch of profiles already, including the Grainfather and Braumeister).

chefgage
Hollow Legs
Posts: 492
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:37 am

Re: Brewfather brewing app

Post by chefgage » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:01 pm

f00b4r wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:57 pm
chefgage wrote:Cheers for the heads up. How does this differ from the grainfather recipe builder and connect app?
It's not related at all to them. It's basically the equivalent of Beersmith or similar software and can be used on any brew setup (it has a bunch of profiles already, including the Grainfather and Braumeister).
Thanks for that. I will take a look :)

User avatar
SouthfolkBrewing
Sober
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu May 24, 2018 2:50 pm

Re: Brewfather brewing app

Post by SouthfolkBrewing » Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:15 pm

I am doing my recipes in both the Gf and the Brewfather app
Brewfather is easier on the eye for me
The way they work out the IBu can mean a difference between the 2 apps by 10 IBU.
Not that I would be able to detect a 10 IBU difference

f00b4r
Lost in an Alcoholic Haze
Posts: 731
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:54 pm
Location: Berlin

Re: Brewfather brewing app

Post by f00b4r » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:43 pm

Brewfather now has a native app for iOS (allows proper notifications on brew day and gets rid of a few other limitations that web apps has in iOS):

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/brewfather/id1488585822

User avatar
LeeH
Under the Table
Posts: 1679
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:42 pm
Location: North Lincs
Contact:

Re: Brewfather brewing app

Post by LeeH » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:05 pm

f00b4r wrote:Brewfather now has a native app for iOS (allows proper notifications on brew day and gets rid of a few other limitations that web apps has in iOS):

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/brewfather/id1488585822
Good shout, I’m fully converted from BeerSmith.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
To monitor my latest fermentation 27/10 click here
To view my new AG build click here
Keg 1: Berliner Weisse
Keg 2: APA
Keg 3: Stout (Nitro)
Keg 4: Empty

Post Reply