Now Sold - CIP Spray Ball - ss brewtech

Members may post private ads for equipment etc here. Brewing-related items only. PLEASE INCLUDE THE ASKING PRICE AND POSTAGE COSTS. ENTRIES WILL BE PRUNED AFTER 60 DAYS.
Post Reply
Aerostef67
Sober
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:41 pm

Now Sold - CIP Spray Ball - ss brewtech

Post by Aerostef67 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:04 pm

Brand new, unused CIP sprayball.

304 Stainless Steel 3 inch TC cap with 1/2 inch MPT CIP spray ball attachment

Bought from the Malt Miller:
https://www.themaltmiller.co.uk/product ... -assembly/

£35 delivered.
Last edited by Aerostef67 on Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
LeeH
Under the Table
Posts: 1499
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:42 pm
Location: North Lincs
Contact:

Re: CIP Spray Ball - ss brewtech

Post by LeeH » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:36 pm

What pump did you use to run this?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
To monitor my latest fermentation 27/10 click here
To view my new AG build click here
Keg 1: Berliner Weisse
Keg 2: APA
Keg 3: Stout (Nitro)
Keg 4: Empty

Digby
Steady Drinker
Posts: 82
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:54 pm

Re: CIP Spray Ball - ss brewtech

Post by Digby » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:44 pm

LeeH wrote:What pump did you use to run this?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Hi Lee,

I also have one of these for my half barrel and 7 gallon BME Chronicals. I use a Hozelock water butt pump and it does a fab job of cleaning, recirculating 8 litres or so of PBW solution.

I hope that helps, as I note that the seller mentions his is unused.

Matt

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk


User avatar
IPA
Under the Table
Posts: 1175
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:29 am
Location: France Gascony

Re: CIP Spray Ball - ss brewtech

Post by IPA » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:10 am

I also have one of these, bought on AliExpress, and it does not work on mains water pressure. I bought the fixed version with holes instead of slots which works really well.
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." Dean Martin

User avatar
LeeH
Under the Table
Posts: 1499
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:42 pm
Location: North Lincs
Contact:

Re: CIP Spray Ball - ss brewtech

Post by LeeH » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:19 am

Digby wrote:
LeeH wrote:What pump did you use to run this?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Hi Lee,

I also have one of these for my half barrel and 7 gallon BME Chronicals. I use a Hozelock water butt pump and it does a fab job of cleaning, recirculating 8 litres or so of PBW solution.

I hope that helps, as I note that the seller mentions his is unused.

Matt

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Yes, I skipped through that bit!

I have the 1/2 barrel too but I wanted to use it to recirc PBW in the kettle with a chugger also.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
To monitor my latest fermentation 27/10 click here
To view my new AG build click here
Keg 1: Berliner Weisse
Keg 2: APA
Keg 3: Stout (Nitro)
Keg 4: Empty

User avatar
LeeH
Under the Table
Posts: 1499
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:42 pm
Location: North Lincs
Contact:

Re: CIP Spray Ball - ss brewtech

Post by LeeH » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:20 am

IPA wrote:I also have one of these, bought on AliExpress, and it does not work on mains water pressure. I bought the fixed version with holes instead of slots which works really well.
Too much pressure?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
To monitor my latest fermentation 27/10 click here
To view my new AG build click here
Keg 1: Berliner Weisse
Keg 2: APA
Keg 3: Stout (Nitro)
Keg 4: Empty

User avatar
IPA
Under the Table
Posts: 1175
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:29 am
Location: France Gascony

Re: CIP Spray Ball - ss brewtech

Post by IPA » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:00 pm

LeeH wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:20 am
IPA wrote:I also have one of these, bought on AliExpress, and it does not work on mains water pressure. I bought the fixed version with holes instead of slots which works really well.
Too much pressure?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Not enough ! Believe me the fixed one works best and it costs about £6 including postage on AliExpress. The rotating one might work upside down but I needed one that worked upright. I am open to offers on the rotating one !
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." Dean Martin

Aerostef67
Sober
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:41 pm

Re: CIP Spray Ball - ss brewtech

Post by Aerostef67 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:57 pm

I have not used it with any pump as it is new and unused.

User avatar
PeeBee
Hollow Legs
Posts: 423
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:50 pm
Location: North Wales

Clean-in-place Spray Ball - ANY Fermenter/Keg

Post by PeeBee » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:55 am

(EDIT: This really needed it's own thread in amongst the more general topics, not in the "Market Place". I'll work on that. As it is a month since "Aerostef67's" original post I'm hoping I haven't hindered the "sale".)
(EDIT2: I've copied this post to viewtopic.php?f=7&t=81729&p=842640#p842640. Any further replies to this post should go there and leave this thread for it's proper purpose.)

I was intrigued by this thread. But the Malt-Miller's (SS Brewtech) device had a 3" Tri-clamp (Tri-clover) fitting which wasn't much use: I needed the much commoner 1.5" Tri-clover fitting. So I embarked on a search, which turned out to be a lot harder than I had thought.

eBay had some, but they were all too big in diameter and the Tri-clover fitting was the wrong-way-around (goodness knows how you are supposed to attach those things to anything). Eventually I found these on Aliexpress: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Tri-Cla ... a522aacec1

Buying stuff from Aliexpress (China directly) gives me the willies, but it should be no worse than eBay or Amazon? So I dived in. 'Twas about £21 including carriage. Outrageously cheap for what it is; something like this would have cost £100s a few years ago - no wonder homebrewing is getting so sophisticated.

This is it fitting to a Grainfather conical:
20190407_093754_WEB.jpg
20190407_093308_WEB.jpg
I got an adapter to fit it to a 4" Tri-clover port on my 1/2 barrel conical too. And I'm working on a way to adapt it to Corny kegs (and perhaps my mini-kegs?). To drive it I've ordered one of these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00 ... UTF8&psc=1. I'm not keen on using diaphragm pumps in "sanatory" situations, but as this will only pump cleaners (like VWP) and rinses (water and Star-San) I don't think it's a problem. And they will pump at tremendous pressures and are self-priming to boot. And £12 is again, outrageously cheap.
Last edited by PeeBee on Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
LeeH
Under the Table
Posts: 1499
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:42 pm
Location: North Lincs
Contact:

Re: CIP Spray Ball - ss brewtech

Post by LeeH » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:09 am

Interested to see if you get enough flow to drive the ball peebee


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
To monitor my latest fermentation 27/10 click here
To view my new AG build click here
Keg 1: Berliner Weisse
Keg 2: APA
Keg 3: Stout (Nitro)
Keg 4: Empty

User avatar
PeeBee
Hollow Legs
Posts: 423
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:50 pm
Location: North Wales

Re: CIP Spray Ball - ss brewtech

Post by PeeBee » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:35 am

LeeH wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:09 am
Interested to see if you get enough flow to drive the ball peebee
Couldn't find info on the "flow" needed to drive the ball, but the pump can chuck out 5L a minute and I've seen instructions using these pumps to drive CIP balls drawing the input from the Corny keg beer-out disconnect, which will be quite a restriction. Pressure is easy; the ball needs a recommended 40-60PSI, and the pump can potentially deliver over 100PSI (0.8Mps) - careful what you attach it to (another reason not to use diaphragm pumps in "normal" brewing situations).

I'll have to wait and see.

User avatar
IPA
Under the Table
Posts: 1175
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:29 am
Location: France Gascony

Re: CIP Spray Ball - ss brewtech

Post by IPA » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:28 am

PeeBee wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:35 am
LeeH wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:09 am
Interested to see if you get enough flow to drive the ball peebee
Couldn't find info on the "flow" needed to drive the ball, but the pump can chuck out 5L a minute and I've seen instructions using these pumps to drive CIP balls drawing the input from the Corny keg beer-out disconnect, which will be quite a restriction. Pressure is easy; the ball needs a recommended 40-60PSI, and the pump can potentially deliver over 100PSI (0.8Mps) - careful what you attach it to (another reason not to use diaphragm pumps in "normal" brewing situations).

I'll have to wait and see.
I doubt that it will deliver that pressure at the volume needed to turn the sprayball.
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." Dean Martin

Aerostef67
Sober
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:41 pm

Re: Now Sold - CIP Spray Ball - ss brewtech

Post by Aerostef67 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:03 pm

Now sold!

Post Reply