Leaf hops

Members may post private ads for equipment etc here. Brewing-related items only. PLEASE INCLUDE THE ASKING PRICE AND POSTAGE COSTS. ENTRIES WILL BE PRUNED AFTER 60 DAYS.
pas8280
Lost in an Alcoholic Haze
Location: Hindley Green near Wigan but far enough away for it to count :)

Leaf hops

Post by pas8280 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:04 pm

I have purchased 3 x 5 kilo bales of the following Citra, Nelson Sauvin and Motueka which is way to much for me.
Would there be any interest in the surplus in 500g bags ?
They are all 2016 harvest but I’ve only just unpacked them (well the citra and Nelson) and repackaged in vac packs
Looking at £15 per 500g plus P&P
The Hollyhop Brewery 100 litre stainless

A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her - W.C. Fields

Reality is an illusion caused by lack of alcohol - anon

Meatymc

Re: Leaf hops

Post by Meatymc » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:21 pm

Could well be interested in some Citra. You say you've only just opened them yet they're 2016 - can you just clarify how long you've had them , where are they from and how have they been stored please. Not being funny but I recently bought some 2017 chinook off the forum and they've turned out to be absolutely rank.

Cheers!

pas8280
Location: Hindley Green near Wigan but far enough away for it to count :)

Post by pas8280 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:48 am

They were from a brewery in Bristol that was closing down. They told me they had been cold stored. I bought them maybe 2 month ago and opted to leave them boxed until I could find time to vac pack all at once.
The Nelson are Charles Faram and the citra are Yakima valley packed.
That is about as much as I can tell you at the moment. Both smell fine and I’ve just used them myself in a brew which is still in the fermenter which smells and tastes fine.
The Hollyhop Brewery 100 litre stainless

A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her - W.C. Fields

Reality is an illusion caused by lack of alcohol - anon

Meatymc

Post by Meatymc » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:20 pm

Understood. Your 'handle' rings a bell - did you answer one of my recent posts about laterals on home grown hops??

Anyway, what are we talking about for an inital 500g delivered? Would be happy to take more but recent experience is holding me back a bit.