Bottle Swaps?

Use this forum to arrange and post reviews of other members' brews.
Uncle Joshua
Steady Drinker

Bottle Swaps?

Post by Uncle Joshua » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:53 pm

Do folk here still do swaps/reviews?

steviebobs83
Piss Artist

Re: Bottle Swaps?

Post by steviebobs83 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:30 pm

I've got loads of empties I can swap for full ones

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

f00b4r
Site Admin

Post by f00b4r » Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:50 pm

I swap beers with a few people and I believe also quite a few do through local clubs/meetups.
I was contemplating whether there would be enough interest on here to do an annual swap with 10-20 people; 21 beers with 20 being sent off and people allowed more than one 'entry' if needed to fill the numbers.
It involves a lot of work though for the logistics at that number and some outlay for people entering (a case of PET bottles and about a tenner carriage each way);probably better value than individuals swapping bottles though, both in terms of money and learning.

Uncle Joshua
Steady Drinker

Post by Uncle Joshua » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:57 pm

f00b4r wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:50 pm
I swap beers with a few people and I believe also quite a few do through local clubs/meetups.
I was contemplating whether there would be enough interest on here to do an annual swap with 10-20 people; 21 beers with 20 being sent off and people allowed more than one 'entry' if needed to fill the numbers.
It involves a lot of work though for the logistics at that number and some outlay for people entering (a case of PET bottles and about a tenner carriage each way);probably better value than individuals swapping bottles though, both in terms of money and learning.
That's worth a shot. It may be also worth sending a forum email telling people Jim's is still here and about your plans. I was one of the members whose accounts were deleted and I only came back after spotting Jim's in a search.