WalesAles - Shine On Hopped 5.5%

Use this forum to arrange and post reviews of other members' brews.
ArmChair
Under the Table

Post by ArmChair » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:58 pm

Opened with a good hiss, and a slight smokiness coming out the too of the bottle. I chilled this to around 12c, just how I like my ales.

It pours with a slightly lively carbonation, but WalesAles did tell me to chill this down for around 2.5hours. The colour is a slightly hazy burnt orange colour, with an orange hue. The head is a fluffy soapy colour, which has fantastic retention and does last throughout the pint. There is also good lacing.

This has a very smooth and silky mouthfeel, which surprised me after how lively this poured, it's medium bodied and very refreshing on the palate.

On the nose you pick up fresh cut grass, and a sweet caramel aroma, and also hints of lemon. The fresh cut grass aroma does it for me. Brings out a fresh feel to the ale.

Onto the taste, and the first thing you get is a zesty citrus and tropical fruit flavour, that leaves you feeling refreshed. There is also a smooth caramel taste to this ale that is like honey, there is also a alcohol hint towards the back end of a mouthful, with a dry wheat flavour.

Overhall this is a good extract brew, it still has the kit brew twang that you normally get with kits, but I would give it a 7/10

FV1 AG#95 Farwell Freddy
FV2
FV3
FV4
Litres Brewed in :
2013 - 655
2014 - 719
2015 - 726
2016 - 74
Started BIAB 11/02/2013