Reviews of Member's Homebrew

Use this forum to arrange and post reviews of other members' brews.
ArmChair
Under the Table

Re: Reviews of Member's Homebrew

Post by ArmChair » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:43 pm

sunny_jimbob

Planck Length Brewery - Chromosphere 5.6%

This opened with a nice HISSSSS and a white smokey haze.
Poured a golden amber colour with a crisp white head that lasted throughout the glass.
Medium carbonation.
There was a nice biscuit backbone with a spicey flavour with hints of orange. To my surprise there was a late roast coffee taste that did appear straight away. This I did not expect. It was my first time tasting First Gold and I enjoyed it.
This is a good contender for the Morley Homebrew comp, and I would be happy to purchase this in a pub.

Thanks for letting me try this bottle.

(ive added this on Untapped, hope you don't mind?)
FV1 AG#95 Farwell Freddy
FV2
FV3
FV4
Litres Brewed in :
2013 - 655
2014 - 719
2015 - 726
2016 - 74
Started BIAB 11/02/2013

ArmChair
Under the Table

Post by ArmChair » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:49 pm

john_drummer

Drum Head Brewery - Aire Valley Porter 5.1%

This opened with a nice hiss,
Poured a wonderful Jet black colour with a off white head that reminded me of white bread in colour, good carbonation.
Nice grassy taste, with a roast chocolate back bone from the malts that stands out of the fuggles hops! reminded me a little of the Fuller Londer Porter, but I prefere this as a one off, and would like to have a few more of these on a session.

Well done John.

(ive added this on Untapped. hope you don't mind?)
FV1 AG#95 Farwell Freddy
FV2
FV3
FV4
Litres Brewed in :
2013 - 655
2014 - 719
2015 - 726
2016 - 74
Started BIAB 11/02/2013

ArmChair
Under the Table

Post by ArmChair » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:28 pm

Uncle Joshua

Three Little Ducks Brewing Company - Lamp Light 3.9%

Opened with an amazing Hiss, and a creamy smokey haze.
Poured a nice orangey amber colour that reminded me of tangerines, crisp white head with fantastic carbonation throughout the whole glass. Don't know how you do it Mick, but there spot time after time! Then there comes a nice grassy earthy flavour, that is not over powering. Only negative point for me was its a little thin bodied for me, not that its a bad thing.

Well done Mick :D
FV1 AG#95 Farwell Freddy
FV2
FV3
FV4
Litres Brewed in :
2013 - 655
2014 - 719
2015 - 726
2016 - 74
Started BIAB 11/02/2013

john_drummer

Post by john_drummer » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:24 pm

(ive added this on Untapped. hope you don't mind?)
not at all, and glad you liked it. I regularly brew a batch of this for the bass player in my band, he keeps coming back for more :lol:

strangely enough, I've just opened a bottle of the Three Little Ducks Lamp Light...

opens with a good hefty fizz. Beautifully clear pale golden ale, well carbonated with a good head to start - although my Black Sheep glass doesn't hold the head well on anything, so no lacing to speak of.
not too hoppy on the nose, good bitter flavour with a little biscuit in the background.

A lovely pale ale, I'd be happy to buy this

ArmChair
Under the Table

Post by ArmChair » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:48 pm

Injac

The Kitch Inn Forest Fruits Cider 5.0%

Well where do I start?
I got two bottles of this cider in the bottle swap at Morley Homebrew.The first one exploded in the car on the way home :shock: The wife was not very happy. lol

I chilled this bottle right down, on opening the bottle it gave a massive eruption, which had me running to the sink! I poured it into a glass five mines later, after it calmed down. It still poured rather lively, but it did have a nice white fluffy head. The colour was a nice orange. It smelled like red berries, nice and sweat. The taste was as it said on the bottle. tropical fruits with a hint of peach and pear, overall this crisp and refreshing, and got better after 5 minutes in the glass.
FV1 AG#95 Farwell Freddy
FV2
FV3
FV4
Litres Brewed in :
2013 - 655
2014 - 719
2015 - 726
2016 - 74
Started BIAB 11/02/2013

ArmChair
Under the Table

Post by ArmChair » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:55 pm

Injac

The Kitch Inn - Guilty Dog Ipa 3.9%

I decided to have this one slightly chilled, just how I like my IPA's, cool but still bursting with flavour.

It poured a nice deep red colour, which reminded me more of a red ale than an IPA. It has a white fluffy head, that reminded me of fresh bread. Minimal carbonation which seemed to suit this ale really well, and a fantastic body and mouth feel. There was an orange taste with a slight hint of apricot which soothes the back of the tounge. If this was on tap at my local pub, I would be happy to part with my hard earned cash for this. I could drink this as a session ale.
FV1 AG#95 Farwell Freddy
FV2
FV3
FV4
Litres Brewed in :
2013 - 655
2014 - 719
2015 - 726
2016 - 74
Started BIAB 11/02/2013

oliver tate

Post by oliver tate » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:42 pm

injac wrote:Oliver Tate - Bombay IPA

What a cracking pint! This went down very well with my steak meal last night sir. Very refreshing - almost a Japiur clone? This had good head retention, good hiss on opening and refreshing taste. I'd look into giving it a bit more body next time but that's just my personal preference. If this is what you've entered into the IPA competition you have a very strong contender here.
Awesome, made my day that you liked the beer I brewed!
Personally, I found the Amarillo in it a bit too much to begin with but its faded now and much more subtle, and it's far better for it I think.

It's not the 1 I entered in the comp as I got the recipe off the forum so I thought it would be cheating a bit!

When I brew it again I too would like a bit more body in it, any recommendations on what to add?

Uncle Joshua

Post by Uncle Joshua » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:27 pm

Oliver Tate Pale Ale..

Opened with a nice fizz, it had a good head and a nice colour. I seem to get a small hint of Elederflower?

Avery nice pint, the head faded but stayed until the very end. fantastic.

ArmChair Jaipur Junior..

Opened with a nice his and poured well. I like this beer a lot though it could have used a tad more carbonation.

Uncle Joshua

Post by Uncle Joshua » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:02 pm

Armchair The Dominator..

Opened with a nice hiss, it has a good head and has a nice body. A nice award winning beer.

ArmChair
Under the Table

Post by ArmChair » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:15 pm

Thanks for the reviews Uncle Joshua :mrgreen:
FV1 AG#95 Farwell Freddy
FV2
FV3
FV4
Litres Brewed in :
2013 - 655
2014 - 719
2015 - 726
2016 - 74
Started BIAB 11/02/2013

Uncle Joshua

Post by Uncle Joshua » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:45 pm

Oliver Tate Blonde

Wow... This boy is on a fast learning curve.

A nice light blonde ale. It has a good head, great body and looks spot on. I'd maybe add some dry hops but this is a class brew.

Planck Length Cold Fusion

Sadly, this pint was fully flat. It had a nice look (though cloudy) the nose is amazing and it tastes fantastic. I'm gutted about the carbonation and would love another shot at tasting it.

Guilty Dog IPA

What a beer. Nice hiss and a good head. A nice rich red coloured beer, the tastes are amazing.,Yeah, I like this. It smells like bonfire night to a child.

Uncle Joshua

Post by Uncle Joshua » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:39 pm

ArmChair IPA

Opened with a good hiss and poured with a small head. An nice refreshing pint that seems to have a hint of toffee? A very nice pint but maybe a tad too strong for more than one. =D>

john_drummer

Post by john_drummer » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:40 pm

Oliver Tate: Blonde #1

opened with a nice healthy pfft, good carbonation on pouring. A nice clear blonde ale to look at. Pleasant aroma, reminiscent of nuts and raspberry leaves (that's what Mrs_D said anyway!). Nicely bittered with a good mouthfeel

a very pleasant summer evening ale. We'd both be happy to buy this in a pub. 8/10

ArmChair
Under the Table

Post by ArmChair » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:40 am

Uncle Joshua

Three Little Ducks Brewing Company - Black Rod 3.9%

The bottle opened with a nice hiss, and a smokey whisp from the bottle.
Poured with a small white head which fizzled away. Excellent carbonation thought, a little thin bodied. Nice golden pale orange colour. (sorry about the dirty glass)
It has a tart taste with hints of pepper. It does not seem like an IPA to me, and not something I would be able to drink often to be honest.
FV1 AG#95 Farwell Freddy
FV2
FV3
FV4
Litres Brewed in :
2013 - 655
2014 - 719
2015 - 726
2016 - 74
Started BIAB 11/02/2013

ArmChair
Under the Table

Post by ArmChair » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:52 am

Morley Home Brew - Centenial APA 4.4%

Straw coloured just how I think an APA should look, There was a little haze, and opened with a good hiss. However it was a little over carbonated and created a big head to start with, but soon faded. Fantastic head retention that lasted, with a medium body, nice fresh floral smell that was very appetizing. and a citrus & grapefruit flavour that stays with you. I would have thought it was a little bit stronger than 4.4%. If the was in a cask in my local pub, I would be happy to buy this.
FV1 AG#95 Farwell Freddy
FV2
FV3
FV4
Litres Brewed in :
2013 - 655
2014 - 719
2015 - 726
2016 - 74
Started BIAB 11/02/2013