water profile for summer lightning clone

(That's water to the rest of us!) Beer is about 95% water, so if you want to discuss water treatment, filtering etc this is the place to do it!
paulg

water profile for summer lightning clone

Post by paulg » Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:47 pm

which bru n water profile should I use for summer lightning clone
I assume the yellow profile as the colour appears to be 8 srm or should I use the pale ale profile?
I assume the pale ale one is nearer a burton style, so do I use yellow malty or bitter or balanced?
thanks in advance

och29
Piss Artist

Re: water profile for summer lightning clone

Post by och29 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:28 am

I've used this for SRM 8 beers before:
Ca=110, Mg=18, Na=16, Cl=50, SO4=275

It's designed to be a hop forward profile so might fit well with what you're trying to achieve. It's similar to Randy Mosher's pale ale setup. Have and look and see how it compares to the Bru'n profiles.
Drinking: AG#7 Final Sprint (APA), AG#8 Buckwheat Brett (Saison - Saison/Brett), AG#9 Helles Meister
Conditioning: -
Fermenting: Selection Pinot Grigio
Planning: Orange Blossom Mead, Mexican Honey Mead, Chocolate Stout

AnthonyUK

Post by AnthonyUK » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:32 am

I've used the Pale Ale profile for this in the past and it was probably a little too hop forward so would use the yellow bitter to rein it back a touch.

paulg

Post by paulg » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:57 am

och29
that profile is pretty similar to the bru n water pale ale profile
Ca 140
Cl 55
so4 300
Mg 18
Na 25

I have brewed this beer once before and used a bitter profile from grahams calculator and CRS/DLS but I am now using phosphoric acid/individual salts to adjust my acidity and switched to bru n water as it includes that acid in the program