Crossmyloof for hops and yeast

If you spot a bargain, please share it here (no ebay items, please)! A members only area for brewing-related items only. ENTRIES WILL BE PRUNED AFTER 90 DAYS.
An Ankoù
Steady Drinker

Crossmyloof for hops and yeast

Post by An Ankoù » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:48 am

One of the difficulties of using local suppliers is a ridiculous postage charge. For example I wanted get hold of some hops quickly from Rollingbeers (France) 200 grams delivered for €9.40. That's ridiculous! I ended up getting 425 grams of hops from Crossmyloof in the UK delivered for £4. They have a good selection of hops and all seem to be 2020 harvest. Well worth a look for any Continental brewers. Their yeasts are under their own brand. I've used the one called Beìor and it's a fine ale yeast.
I'm cheap. Just give me beer.

bitter_dave
Even further under the Table

Re: Crossmyloof for hops and yeast

Post by bitter_dave » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:51 pm

They also have some liquid yeasts now. I recently bought a pack of whc ‘saturated yeast’ which made a nice bitter. The yeast was eight quid delivered and it was a big-ish pack (did not make a starter). Came quickly. I thought that was good value and service.

Edit - Sorry - missed the bit about continental brewers - I don’t think they send yeast abroad so my response was probably pointless!
Last edited by bitter_dave on Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bitter_dave

Post by bitter_dave » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:52 pm

Duplicate post

FUBAR
Lost in an Alcoholic Haze

Post by FUBAR » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:40 pm

Yes hops are very good quality and value , I have never had any complaints . Same for the excellent range of dried yeasts .
I buy my grain & hops from here http://www.homebrewkent.co.uk/

I have taken more out of alcohol than alcohol has taken out of me - Winston Churchill

An Ankoù
Steady Drinker

Post by An Ankoù » Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:27 am

bitter_dave wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:51 pm
They also have some liquid yeasts now. I recently bought a pack of whc ‘saturated yeast’ which made a nice bitter. The yeast was eight quid delivered and it was a big-ish pack (did not make a starter). Came quickly. I thought that was good value and service.

Edit - Sorry - missed the bit about continental brewers - I don’t think they send yeast abroad so my response was probably pointless!
I've never tried to order their liquid yeast, but I've had no trouble getting dried yeast from them. In fact we were having a conversation about them sending stuff as far afield as Oz, and how the European market had changed.
I'll ask about liquid yeasts next time I order something.
I'm cheap. Just give me beer.

Meatymc
Drunk as a Skunk

Post by Meatymc » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:28 am

Great bunch of guys at CML, very good value and although the site states 2nd class delivery (in the UK) always arrives a day later.

My only comment on the actual yeasts is when doing a direct comparison to a named brand - say their Five compared to Safale S0-5. Theirs finishes a little higher and doesn't clear quite as well but as I mainly do heavy hopped IPA's that isn't an issue for me.

MashBag

Post by MashBag » Thu May 06, 2021 7:48 am

Brilliant supplier.

Nashbrew
Piss Artist

Post by Nashbrew » Thu May 06, 2021 1:23 pm

Tried there ale yeast once, did not like the final flavour. so have reverted back to Wilko's for now.
Not sure if it was a one off as I did not want to risk more off tasting beer.
Falling apart together nicley🍻

MashBag

Post by MashBag » Thu May 06, 2021 6:08 pm

Not noticed a problem with flavour... but in the bottle the 05 variant was a bit more "snow globe" than I would like.