Hop and Grain supplies

Get advice on making beer from raw ingredients (malt, hops, water and yeast)
delboy

Re: Hop and Grain supplies

Post by delboy » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:26 pm

Took delivery of a package from barleybottom yesterday, enough speciality malts to keep me going for about a year. Very pleased with both the service and price :D

Nermal

Post by Nermal » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:06 pm

As this was Paul's original thread I'd like to mention I have ordered from barleybottom in the past and the service has been great, particularly the AG recipe kits, but it's usually cheaper for me to use a different supplier for a normal brew as the postage is £2.75 cheaper for a 5 gallon batch.

They use both TNT and Parcelforce 24 hour to deliver so hopefully BB can work out a cheaper rate sometime soon for parcels in the 5kg range.

The website is one of the best online shop websites I've used, and thats not just restricted to home brew sites - very streamlined with no unnecessary page reloads.

GeordieBrewer

Post by GeordieBrewer » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:02 pm

I've used Hop & Grape in Darlo before, both in shop and over the net, service has always been great, but now mainly go to Elderberry in Whitley Bay, as it's round the corner. I've had better results with the pale malt from Elderberry, and have just bought my first 25kg sack of crushed Marris Otter for 30 quid - from the well known Fawcett maltsters in Castleford, Manchester,

Cheers,

Martin

daveylaa

Post by daveylaa » Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:11 pm

Cant go wrong with Barley Bottom.

I ordered the wrong corni posts and BB accepted them back, with no issues and gave me an option for refund, even though it was my fault. Bought some lovely Hops instead.

Great Shop.

leedsbrew

Post by leedsbrew » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:12 pm

GeordieBrewer wrote:have just bought my first 25kg sack of crushed Marris Otter for 30 quid - from the well known Fawcett maltsters in Castleford, Manchester,

Cheers,

Martin

Think you'll find Castleford is in West Yorkshire, near Wakefield. :D

leigh1919

Post by leigh1919 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:26 pm

Have always used H&G and been thoroughly happy, although am switching to BB in the New Year to give them a whirl, seeing as though im in Yorks...Heard good things about BB's hops quality. so time for a try out!!
I can't fault H&G though.

mysterio

Post by mysterio » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:21 pm

Yeah great hops from BB. Where else can you get the range of dried yeast too. =D>

jonewer

Post by jonewer » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:16 pm

Good service again from BB.

Best priced hops on the net that I have seen.

BozBru

Post by BozBru » Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:53 pm

I get my ingredients from the excellent Pot Bellied Brewery in Kettering. £17.50 for a sack, and I usually end up with a couple of bags of hops as well, usually around the 4-500kg mark. I normally give them £20 (my choice) and end having a bottle (or a few) with them as well. Very Happy Days.

As long as my PPP stays below 20p, I'm a very happy bunny.

196osh

Post by 196osh » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:02 pm

Just made an order to Paul at the Barley Bottom. Superb service as usual.

Oggy' Bar
Hollow Legs

Post by Oggy' Bar » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:38 pm

blackchristiandate wrote:I'm new here, just browsing for some good stuff and informative posts..
Hail Cesar 8)

imbibo quod exsisto hilaris. :lol:

:lol:

http://www.faithmate.com/read/section/success-stories/.......

You a Spammer? [-X

Andy
Virtually comatose but still standing

Post by Andy » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:03 pm

He was, but is now deleted 8) Ta for the report.
Dan!

Reaper

Post by Reaper » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:09 pm

Hi all
Just to let you know Barley Bottom has out grown the garage and we have into a warehouse in Silden, just outside Keighley, if you Google map it you can see for yourself. I’ve also gone part time at my other job at the hospital. I’m hoping to be open for anyone to drop in on Monday, Wednesday and Saturday mornings. I’ll get some pictures posted when we get settled in.
Regards Paul

oblivious

Post by oblivious » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:27 pm

Reaper wrote:Hi all
Just to let you know Barley Bottom has out grown the garage and we have into a warehouse in Silden, just outside Keighley, if you Google map it you can see for yourself. I’ve also gone part time at my other job at the hospital. I’m hoping to be open for anyone to drop in on Monday, Wednesday and Saturday mornings. I’ll get some pictures posted when we get settled in.
Regards Paul
Congratulations :D

WishboneBrewery
CBA Prizewinner 2010

Post by WishboneBrewery » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:55 pm

excellent stuff :)
Will have to come see...
whats yer postcode?