Calling Beer Engine experts

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
Andy
Virtually comatose but still standing

Post by Andy » Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:10 pm

Dan!

Zebra

Post by Zebra » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:24 am

SteveD wrote:The other day someone (Frothy?) posted that he'd found CO2 cask breathers that allow blanket CO2 into the keg enabling the use of a beer engine, but without admitting air, or pressure.
That's the gadget I use.

Seveneer

Post by Seveneer » Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:12 pm

Do they sell retail, Andy, or are they just wholesalers? I could do with a couple. Currently I just use 1PSI or there abouts.

/Phil.

PieOPah

Post by PieOPah » Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:37 pm

Jim wrote: Ultimately I'm looking to use polypins (though it looks as though the only way to get one is to buy one full of beer - what a shame that would be! :P :wink: )
Is THIS what you are looking for Jim?

Andy

Post by Andy » Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:36 pm

Seveneer wrote:Do they sell retail, Andy, or are they just wholesalers? I could do with a couple. Currently I just use 1PSI or there abouts.

/Phil.
Phil, I don't know.... re: another supplier, Frothy put up a link to a breather from the "Harmony Hut" guy on Ebay, the breathers aren't listed on Ebay but if you Email them then they can provide further details. Search on here for author "Frothy" and text "cask breather".... (post was within the last week)
Dan!

Zebra

Post by Zebra » Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:56 pm

Seveneer wrote:Do they sell retail, Andy, or are they just wholesalers? I could do with a couple. Currently I just use 1PSI or there abouts.

/Phil.
Don't know if they do retail. Mine came in a box of bits liberated from a pub cellar. I've bought stuff from the Harmony Hut and the service was very good.

tangoman
Piss Artist

Post by tangoman » Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:57 pm

Hi All
Been lurking in the background for a long while,anyways, just had a quote for a 'cask breather' off Cliff at Beers Unlimited- £11.95 including postage and packing.

Seveneer

Post by Seveneer » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:59 pm

tangoman wrote:Hi All
Been lurking in the background for a long while,anyways, just had a quote for a 'cask breather' off Cliff at Beers Unlimited- £11.95 including postage and packing.
Great, ta. I must see if I can get a couple.

/Phil.

Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim » Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:10 am

PieOPah wrote:
Jim wrote: Ultimately I'm looking to use polypins (though it looks as though the only way to get one is to buy one full of beer - what a shame that would be! :P :wink: )
Yep, that's the sort of thing! :=P

Thanks. Can you get the 5gal ones, though?
NURSE!! He's out of bed again!

JBK on Facebook
JBK on Twitter

Andy

Post by Andy » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:32 am

The Hogs Back brewery have got a January sale on for all mini/polypins !
Dan!

moorsd

Post by moorsd » Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:02 pm

I know some people that work at Ringwood Brewery, so if you want I can see if they will give you an empty one FOC, or at least at a small charge?

Also amoungst my contacts :=P , I have a mate that sells O-rings & seals (How boring must that job be! :D ) So if you get the sizes, he might be able to get some food grade ones as samples??

PM me if you want me to check it out!

Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:30 pm

moorsd wrote:I know some people that work at Ringwood Brewery, so if you want I can see if they will give you an empty one FOC, or at least at a small charge?

Also amoungst my contacts :=P , I have a mate that sells O-rings & seals (How boring must that job be! :D ) So if you get the sizes, he might be able to get some food grade ones as samples??

PM me if you want me to check it out!
Thanks, MD! I'll check the size of the o rings and pm you.

JBK on Facebook
JBK on Twitter

kt88man

Post by kt88man » Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:54 pm

Jim wrote:
PieOPah wrote:
Yep, that's the sort of thing! :=P

Thanks. Can you get the 5gal ones, though?
The Hop Shop does a 20L Polypin, albeit at 11.50, a liitle pricey for a platic bag in a cardboard box :x

Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim » Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:39 pm

Thanks for those suggestions, chaps.

As it happens, I have a temporary 10 pint plastic bladder (Andy, you know what I'm talking about! :=P ) that'll keep me going for the first trials of the pump.

My sparkler, drip tray and beer line are now on order from A1 Barstuff. 8)

JBK on Facebook
JBK on Twitter

Frothy

Post by Frothy » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:04 pm

tangoman wrote:Hi All
just had a quote for a 'cask breather' off Cliff at Beers Unlimited- £11.95 including postage and packing.
Been down this road - I think you'l find its just a bung that you put in the top of the keg & not an actual CO2 cask breather. Harmony hut is the only place I've found the proper ones.
http://jimsbeerkit.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2750

Frothy
Last edited by Frothy on Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.