buyng shiney from eBay France

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
Beardy

buyng shiney from eBay France

Post by Beardy » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:34 pm

Ok, so the deciso is made and an order needs to be placed. But how have people gone about buying Theomo pots and big pans from catering-service-fr on eBay France. It says mainland France nly, but I know that many of you have bought from them so any advise gratefully accpeted.

I have a lust fr shiny that needs fullfilling :)

GrowlingDogBeer
Even further under the Table

Re: buyng shiney from eBay France

Post by GrowlingDogBeer » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:37 pm

I did the contact seller thing, sent them a message telling them what I wanted, my postal address and email, they then sent me a response with a quote and a way to pay.

I paid less than the ebay price as they did the transaction via another site, not through ebay.

Beardy

Post by Beardy » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:50 pm

Runwell-Steve wrote:I did the contact seller thing, sent them a message telling them what I wanted, my postal address and email, they then sent me a response with a quote and a way to pay.

I paid less than the ebay price as they did the transaction via another site, not through ebay.
thanks Steve. Just one question though, did you do email in english or have you got enought French ?
ta

Scotty

Post by Scotty » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:10 pm

Beardy wrote:
did you do email in english or have you got enought French ?
English is fine, it's actually a German firm who sell them and you will either deal with either Nadine or Kristin. If in doubt, you can email them directly to this address - catering-service-fr AT bergland24.de

Steve1262
Piss Artist
Location: Bridlington, East Yorkshire. 10 Miles From Wold Top Brewery

Post by Steve1262 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:04 pm

I got mine the same way and the transaction couldn't have been smoother and they were quick too.

Also the people in Auz who do the Mashmaster stuff are good too if you fancy a nice shiney temp gauge, mine came in less than a week. =D>
Ginger Cat Home Brewery

My assistant brewer "Frank"

"Four wheels move the body. . . . Two wheels move the soul"

Beardy

Post by Beardy » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:23 am

I sent an email to them yesterday afternoon while on my way home and I have received an email from them already. As was suggested the prices are less than eBay and the shipping cost looks to be the actual costs as well. So just need to provide them with full details the work out what pipes and connectors I'm going to need. It looks like I've got me a summer holiday project. 8-)
Thanks for the pointer everyone.

Deller12

Post by Deller12 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:22 am

Hi,

Just to confirm i got my mine from France it came in 4 days and its spot on :D

Beardy

Post by Beardy » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:45 pm

I've exchanged emails, agreed the cost of the pots and shipping and sent the money using paypal. So now I wait to see if they are indeed the trustworthy company you all say they are :-)

On a related note, I now need to order the various connectors, taps and false bottoms. Is there a kit list already in someone's replys, or am I going to have to rummage around the forum :-D

Capper20
Piss Artist

Post by Capper20 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:00 pm

Mine arrived today, got the 100L one. Ordered it on Friday so not bad. Looks great!

Titch
Piss Artist

Post by Titch » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:34 am

can i be cheeky
and ask how much the standard 3 pot comes in at delivered?

thanks

Beardy

Post by Beardy » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:20 am

Not a problem. Two 70L pots and a 50L thermopot delivered to Suffolk was circa £170 (£30 delivery!)

I only wish I'd got thermo pots for the HLT and Boiler now :(

ps. want to buy a couple of 70l pots anyone :)

houblon

Post by houblon » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:11 am

How easy is it to attach taps to these things? Do you have to flatten out a section for something to fit on, or are people actually welding stuff to it?

Big G

Post by Big G » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:56 pm

Not a problem. Two 70L pots and a 50L thermopot delivered to Suffolk was circa £170 (£30 delivery!)
Sorry to bump in but whats this website called?? Im looking to upgrade to a stainless set, 70-100l HLT, Boiler & Mash Tun.

Beardy

Post by Beardy » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:07 pm

Big G wrote:
Sorry to bump in but whats this website called?? Im looking to upgrade to a stainless set, 70-100l HLT, Boiler & Mash Tun.
They advertise on eBay France, and you need to search for Marmite cocotte or the seller catering-service-fr The best way to deal with them though is via email to catering-service-fr@bergland24.de with your requirements and location. Tehy are usually geve good at getting back to you with an offer.
hth

amatur

Post by amatur » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:47 pm

Just order 2. 100l pots and 1. 70l thermos with Kirstin by e-mail, and saved 30.15 euro on the french e-bay price,that will pay postage,well almost :lol: