Brewferm Tarwebier problem

Discuss making up beer kits - the simplest way to brew.
willike

Brewferm Tarwebier problem

Post by willike » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:02 pm

Hey to you all been a long time since ive been on as not been brewing due to getting married and all that kind of horrible stuff.But thankfully im back in the mix of it again and have even been allowed some decent upgrades like a flash cooler and the likes but my problem is i have started back with a Brewferm Tarwebier and used a kilo in weight out of a 1.5 kilo tin of coopers wheatbeer LME instead of sugar and bottled water to make up to 15 ltrs.I got great fermenting action after about 12 hrs but died down very quick.I have left it a couple of days with nothing happening and today took a HR and it was at 1021 which is worrying me.It has been in FV for 5 days now and just seems to have stuck.Has anyone else had this problem or can anyone recommend what to do about it.Many thanks.

Pinto
Falling off the Barstool

Re: Brewferm Tarwebier problem

Post by Pinto » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:28 pm

Stirred the trub to rouse the yeast ? What is your fermentation temp ? Couple of things for you to try here :)
Primary 1: Nonthing
Primary 2 : Nothing
Primary 3 : None
Secondary 1 : Empty
Secondary 1 : None
DJ(1) : Nowt
DJ(2) : N'otin....
In the Keg : Nada
Conditioning : Nowt
In the bottle : Cinnamonator TC, Apple Boost Cider, Apple & Strawberry Cider
Planning : AG #5 - Galaxy Pale (re-brew) / #6 - Alco-Brau (Special Brew Clone) / #7 Something belgian...
Projects : Mini-brew (12l brew length kit) nearly ready :D

Join the BrewChat - open minds and adults only ;) - Click here

willike

Post by willike » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:35 pm

Hey sorry forgot to mention i gave it a quick stir when i took HR earlier but nothing happening as yet Temp is around 18- 19c Should i try increasing the temp?

Pinto
Falling off the Barstool

Post by Pinto » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:41 pm

GIve the stir 24 hours to work first, then try moving the FV to a warmer place like an airing cupboard. Are you using the kit yeast or a proper wheat yeast variety ? White beers need fermenting in the 22-24 degree range if using a proper wheat yeast to get the nice ester (banana) notes - too cold a ferment apparently leads to a tasteless brew
Planning : AG #5 - Galaxy Pale (re-brew) / #6 - Alco-Brau (Special Brew Clone) / #7 Something belgian...

willike

Post by willike » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:16 pm

Yeah im using the yeast included in the kit.I will move it and get the temperature up on it and see if it helps.Thanks for the tip will let you know if it improves.

willike

Post by willike » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:43 am

Woohooo well i took the FV and put it in the bar and then had an idea to stick the wifes dribuddy in there on full as its a lot cheaper than running the heating.I also gave it a bit of a swirl to kick the yeast up again and low and behold once it hit about 20c it started bubbling straight away :) Im gonna leave it now till end of week before even thinking about doing anything else.Cheers for the help Pinto.

Pinto
Falling off the Barstool

Post by Pinto » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:40 pm

:flip: you're welcome

I have 1 of my turbo ciders going in the kitchen atm (17 deg), t'other in the airing cupboard (22 deg) - guess which one is gurgling the most :lol: