Recommend me an online shop

Discuss making up beer kits - the simplest way to brew.
Tirpitz

Recommend me an online shop

Post by Tirpitz » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:29 pm

As the excellent Thriftyshopper have bitten the dust I'm going to need to find a new mail order supplier for my beer kits and sundries. As I'd rather not get suckered in to using a company whose customer service is as bad as 'the one which shall remain nameless' I'd appreciate some recommendations from happy customers. Who have you used and been happy with for service / price / choice? No need to slag the crap ones, just let me know who is worth trying.

TIA.

Gawk

Re: Recommend me an online shop

Post by Gawk » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:34 pm

No problem in recommending The Home Brew Shop, good selection, great service, competitive prices, enough said.

Buckie Brewer
Piss Artist

Post by Buckie Brewer » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:47 pm

I can second this and they don't charge extra because I live north of Glasgow. :x

Stomach
Under the Table

Post by Stomach » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:55 pm

Gawk wrote:No problem in recommending The Home Brew Shop, good selection, great service, competitive prices, enough said.
I have used these guys on my last 2 0r 3 orders and they have been super fast, excellent service and no problems. Prices are competitive too. They will be used again and again!

Also, for grains and hops, I found the Malt Miller exceptional as well, and very fast service.

Cheers

Fermenting:-
FV 1 - Festival Spiced Winter Ale
FV 2 - Empty
FV 3 - Empty
FV 4 - Ditches Stout

Drinking:-
Keg 1 - Nothing

Conditioning:-

Bottles - Brewferm Winter Ale
Bottles - Brewferm Triple

Next
Work in progress
Old Tin of Coopers Cerveza
Couple of old tins of stuff to experiment with!

Steve_B

Post by Steve_B » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:36 pm

+1 for the Home Brew shop
Also very good on price,delivery and service is thehomebrewcompany.co.uk, free delivery if you spend more than £70.00, you even get a text on the day of delivery telling you expected delivery time !

Cheers

duffymoon

Post by duffymoon » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:48 pm

+1 for both Home Brew Shop & Malt Miller.

math

Post by math » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:06 pm

In my brief brewing career so far I've had great service from http://www.brewuk.co.uk/store/ - I hope they're not the bad one?! Anyway, I had a delivery of hops that had torn, the guy sent a new pack out straight away without question.

Pinto
Falling off the Barstool

Post by Pinto » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:33 pm

Highly reccomend my LHBS - fairly small and new, but genuinely nice people with a real love for the brew :)

http://www.easyhomebrew.co.uk/homebrew-kent.aspx
Primary 1: Nonthing
Primary 2 : Nothing
Primary 3 : None
Secondary 1 : Empty
Secondary 1 : None
DJ(1) : Nowt
DJ(2) : N'otin....
In the Keg : Nada
Conditioning : Nowt
In the bottle : Cinnamonator TC, Apple Boost Cider, Apple & Strawberry Cider
Planning : AG #5 - Galaxy Pale (re-brew) / #6 - Alco-Brau (Special Brew Clone) / #7 Something belgian...
Projects : Mini-brew (12l brew length kit) nearly ready :D

Join the BrewChat - open minds and adults only ;) - Click here

parkerwitton

Post by parkerwitton » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:14 pm

If its Kits.... The Art of Brewing ( http://www.art-of-brewing.co.uk/acatalog/intro.html) beats all in to a cocked hat. Spend forty nine notes and p+ p is buckshee...rapid service an'all.

willike

Post by willike » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:56 pm

http://www.creativewinemaking.co.uk Free delivery on £45 or over Great people too :)

mrmojorisin

Post by mrmojorisin » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:36 am

parkerwitton wrote:If its Kits.... The Art of Brewing ( http://www.art-of-brewing.co.uk/acatalog/intro.html) beats all in to a cocked hat. Spend forty nine notes and p+ p is buckshee...rapid service an'all.

+1, they're the cheapest I've found and sevice is cracking.

For grains/hops the Worcester hop shop is again very reasonably priced with flawless service.

suls

Post by suls » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:00 pm

+1 on brewuk from me
and
+1 on the home brew shop as well

Have used both with no issues, brewuk do some good offers time to time as well.

cellone

Post by cellone » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:24 pm

Brewuk at a distance of 16 mile is my LHBS.

Arfer

Post by Arfer » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:25 pm

Hi

Stonehelm is my local shop in Oxfordshire.
Very helpful and they deliver locally.

Mark :D

spliffy

Post by spliffy » Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:49 pm

Tirpitz wrote:As the excellent Thriftyshopper have bitten the dust I'm going to need to find a new mail order supplier for my beer kits and sundries. As I'd rather not get suckered in to using a company whose customer service is as bad as 'the one which shall remain nameless' I'd appreciate some recommendations from happy customers. Who have you used and been happy with for service / price / choice? No need to slag the crap ones, just let me know who is worth trying.

TIA.
i think its time we started naming and shaming the 'nameless' .. I just got lied to by a HB store online. I wanted to get a brew going this weekend and can't due to being lied to by them. The usual.. goods in stock.. yes will have by blah date.. half the order showing up, etc etc.
So perhaps a thread is needed whereby we can rate these shops by both price and service.. Sadly the best on I have used, namely the thrifty shopper is no more.