punk ipa from malt miller

Make grain beers with the absolute minimum of equipment. Discuss here.
beerlover1983

Re: punk ipa from malt miller

Post by beerlover1983 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:43 pm

Im currently drinking this off a corny keg http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02ZwlNNC ... kzoh953lOU.
Amazing beer going to review next week one the second batch is carbonated used the vermount ale yeast on one batch and malt millers west coast ale yeast on other.

With out a doubt its the best beer ive brewed to date and a easy one at that

GrowlingDogBeer
Even further under the Table

Post by GrowlingDogBeer » Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:00 pm

Kegged half of mine today and bottled the other half. Here's whats left in the fermenter, smells great. I've just dropped a stout on top of it that I brewed today.

barry44

Post by barry44 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:15 pm

GrowlingDogBeer wrote:Kegged half of mine today and bottled the other half. Here's whats left in the fermenter, smells great. I've just dropped a stout on top of it that I brewed today.

Steve, am I correct in saying that you poured the stout from the boiler directly onto the hops and yeast from the punk clone?

timbo41
Under the Table
Location: nr two big USAFE bases. youll HAVE TO SHOUT! brandon suffolk

Post by timbo41 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:12 pm

barry44 wrote:
GrowlingDogBeer wrote:Kegged half of mine today and bottled the other half. Here's whats left in the fermenter, smells great. I've just dropped a stout on top of it that I brewed today.

Steve, am I correct in saying that you poured the stout from the boiler directly onto the hops and yeast from the punk clone?

Wow that's an idea that appeal to me. Can imagine a brown ale sitting on that lot....and saves a little wonga
Just like trying new ideas!

GrowlingDogBeer

Post by GrowlingDogBeer » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:59 pm

timbo41 wrote:
barry44 wrote:

Wow that's an idea that appeal to me. Can imagine a brown ale sitting on that lot....and saves a little wonga
Yes. That's exactly what I did. It was coming out the airlock and going like the clappers within 4 hours.

beerlover1983

Post by beerlover1983 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:10 am

Video review up of this exellent kit .

http://youtu.be/J8yk3Y1lfbI

Hanglow
Under the Table

Post by Hanglow » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:14 pm

if you used us05 it takes an age to clear, probably the only annoying thing about that yeast

gibbiem

Post by gibbiem » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:22 pm

Defo gonna try this like! I thought 30 quid was a lot but if you get two batches that's actually pretty decent. Plus I can add clarityferm to keep my stomach going PLUS it simply has to work out cheaper than the real stuff, it's about 2 quid a bottle!!

davew
Piss Artist

Post by davew » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:57 am

gibbiem wrote:Defo gonna try this like! I thought 30 quid was a lot but if you get two batches that's actually pretty decent. Plus I can add clarityferm to keep my stomach going PLUS it simply has to work out cheaper than the real stuff, it's about 2 quid a bottle!!
And a small bottle/can at that.

I do love this beer though.
Fermenting: Wilkos Cider
Drinking: Wilkos Hoppy Copper (very nice)

ChrisHughes

Post by ChrisHughes » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:33 pm

Thinking of this for my next brew, how easy would it be to split in to 2 batches and do as a couple of maxi biab brews with a 19 litre stock pot? Would I need to adjust things or is it just a matter of not sparging with as much water or not diluting as much?

GrowlingDogBeer

Post by GrowlingDogBeer » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:55 pm

The grain and yeast is in 2 separate packs anyway, you will just need to half the hop quantities.

alexlark
Under the Table

Post by alexlark » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:27 am

For simplicity I would be inclined to brew as per the Punk IPA instructions using your Maxi BIAB technique. Then dilute in the FV to the correct OG before pitching the yeast. Your brew would be pretty close to what would be expected. I done it this way for my last brew which was Way to Amarillo, turned out great and meant I could concentrate on brewing rather than spreadsheets.

thepatchworkdoll
Piss Artist

Post by thepatchworkdoll » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:10 pm

Hi there
Drinking a pint of this as I type. Great recipe. Cant fault it in anyway.
Regards
Patch

ChrisHughes

Post by ChrisHughes » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:50 am

Cool, thanks. Xmas holiday brew day booked and sorting out an order

Brewtaster

Post by Brewtaster » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:12 am

This is without doubt a great beer. Note that when you buy it from the malt miller you actually get enough to make two brews. This is a very good thing because much sooner than you think you WILL be brewing this again!