CO2 in Uxbridge area (W-London/Middx)

A forum to discuss the various ways of getting beer into your glass.
TempTest

CO2 in Uxbridge area (W-London/Middx)

Post by TempTest » Sat May 09, 2015 2:11 pm

Hello!

Can anybody recommend a place to buy a CO2 cylinder and gas suitable for homebrew in the Uxbridge/Middx area? Alternatively a source that would be willing to courier would be fine, too.

I have found 'Mr Fizz' and he quotes £60+VAT for a cylinder (3kg, 6kg and 9kg available, all priced the same) with the gas price on top at £12+VAT for the 3kg. Does this sound about right? I've not purchased my kegs yet but I'm only looking at little 6 Ltr kegs and yet the gas alone is going to be £86.40, plus the regulator, fittings, etc. I think for a single keg setup I'm going to be looking at £200+. Not quite sure if this is in budget after all!

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Coffeeuk
Piss Artist

Re: CO2 in Uxbridge area (W-London/Middx)

Post by Coffeeuk » Sat May 09, 2015 2:21 pm

Do you have a local hydroponics place ? They normally sell it pretty cheap.

I've just got mine from the local place £40 for a full bottle and £16 for a refill, that's for a 6 kg bottle.

TempTest

Post by TempTest » Sat May 09, 2015 3:15 pm

I've just tried a call a few (none that local but worth trying anyway...) and they were not able to help.

My other idea is to go with a SodaStream cylinder. I think it's about £20 for a 450g cylinder, refilled for £10. The good is that they're easy to get hold of (Argos, etc), the bad is they are a little more expensive.

It might, however, be a good solution given that I'm only intending to use them with tiny 6L kegs and the big (even 3kg) cylinders tower over them...

simon12
Hollow Legs

Post by simon12 » Sat May 09, 2015 9:59 pm

Try local pubs you are friendly with they get huge discounts.

TempTest

Post by TempTest » Sat May 09, 2015 11:36 pm

But would I need to own a cylinder for them to fill? Otherwise, I assume they'd need to take the bottle rental out in their name, not mine? I'll have a word with my local...

och29
Piss Artist

Post by och29 » Sat May 09, 2015 11:40 pm

I use Mr Fizz. Haven't found anything better in London (although I haven't looked hard). I've always found them really easy to deal with and once you've paid the initial cost they're pretty reasonable and will even let you switch between sizes if you need to, for free.
Drinking: AG#7 Final Sprint (APA), AG#8 Buckwheat Brett (Saison - Saison/Brett), AG#9 Helles Meister
Conditioning: -
Fermenting: Selection Pinot Grigio
Planning: Orange Blossom Mead, Mexican Honey Mead, Chocolate Stout

Dave S
Even further under the Table

Post by Dave S » Sun May 10, 2015 3:02 pm

Try these. Their delivery charges appear to be £10.95 upto 10kg to anywhere in England
Best wishes

Dave