Bergland help

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
kris12312

Bergland help

Post by kris12312 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:11 pm

Just received my ss pots and one is totally worthless dinted very badly, there's damages on the box it come in , will they take it back and send new one ? Or am I scrooed? Thanks Kris

Gordito
Sober

Re: Bergland help

Post by Gordito » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:09 pm

Hi Kris, They do ding quite easily, A few gentle taps with a wooden mallet straightened mine out:)

kris12312

Post by kris12312 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:32 pm

There's no taping this out its dinted right at the bottom unfortunately or I would have just done that , didn't mind if there was a little dints n scuffs on it but there very big :(

Dave S
Even further under the Table

Post by Dave S » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:54 pm

kris12312 wrote:There's no taping this out its dinted right at the bottom unfortunately or I would have just done that , didn't mind if there was a little dints n scuffs on it but there very big :(
I should think they are legally bound to sort that out for you. Send them some photos.
Best wishes

Dave

kris12312

Post by kris12312 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:34 pm

I will try to contact them on Monday morning and hopefully get it sorted before Christmas

minesapint
Piss Artist

Post by minesapint » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:53 pm

I know just how you feel.
I recently had a Bergland Thermospot delivered from a UK supplier, well known on this site.
It had a split and dents in the inside wall, also seriously dented outside.
After sending a couple of snaps in an email of the damage, they happily arranged for a courier to pick up the duff one and deliver a good one.
The only packing was the flimsy cardboard box that the manufacturer sent it out in originally. No padding or polystyrene beads, nothing. Asking for problems really.
Its worrying to think if you will be sorted out promptly and fairly or whether trouble looms on the horizon.
Full marks to my UK supplier who came up trumps and sorted things out swiftly for me.
Cheers.

Matt in Birdham
Drunk as a Skunk

Post by Matt in Birdham » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:12 pm

You can send it back for any reason you like within 7 days of receipt if you bought it mail order - Google the distance selling regulations. Hopefully it wouldn't come to that and the seller will do the right thing.

kris12312

Post by kris12312 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:51 am

I've contacted them by email and had a reply very promed, they're asking for photos to be sent of damage. Just sent them off to day so hopefully there fine with replacing my pot as I'm not at fault in any way :? They probably would not have these problems if they just packed them better.

Andy
Virtually comatose but still standing

Post by Andy » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:53 am

Seems a lottery with these pots as to whether you get a good or a bad one. It's not all shipping damage either, lots of people have had pots with badly finished interiors.

Buy from a UK reseller would be my advice now.
Dan!

kris12312

Post by kris12312 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:13 am

For the price of them I was not expecting top quality, but the other two pots I got were perfectly fine and I'm happy with them, the price difference from uk sellers are double what I paid from Bergland.

kris12312

Post by kris12312 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:01 pm

The ss pot has been sent back to Bergland and awaiting a email on whats happening

kris12312

Post by kris12312 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:24 pm

I received my replacement ss pot today and all was well , the company were excellent with customer service and even wished me a merry Christmas and happy new year

Fastline
Hollow Legs

Post by Fastline » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:11 pm

I think this must be the gamble with dealing with bergland but amazing value for money

kris12312

Post by kris12312 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:39 pm

yes maybe but 2 out of 3 is good odds , and they seen very keen to sort any problems out , for me anyway wasn't worried at all :roll:

Fil
Telling imaginary friend stories

Post by Fil » Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:30 pm

the rumour is that bergland stopped direct shiping to the UK a year or so back due to the high number of damaged pot returns. i too had one damaged pot delivered it only took a polite email and photo to get the collection/replacement sorted, but i would urge any new buyers to open the boxes and check quiclky before signing for delivery so if damaged they can go straight back in the van speeding up the replacement proceedure. if the driver complains simply suggest arguing about it will take longer than checking ;)
ist update for months n months..
Fermnting: not a lot..
Conditioning: nowt
Maturing: Challenger smash, and a kit lager
Drinking: dry one minikeg left in the store
Coming Soon Lots planned for the near future nowt for the immediate :(