8.8kw Gas burner

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
GeezyPeezy
Tippler

8.8kw Gas burner

Post by GeezyPeezy » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:31 am

http://gasproducts.co.uk/foker-large-tr ... 03120.html

Anyone used one of these? Will they take the weight of a 100 litre pot plus the wort?

Thanks!
Gaz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Notlaw
Piss Artist

Re: 8.8kw Gas burner

Post by Notlaw » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:52 pm

I use that burner. I use it with a 49l Vogue pot, but usually only do 5 gallon batches. It's a beast of a burner and gets my wort from high fifties after draining the tun, to boiling in less than 10 mins. It will get 30+ litres of ambient temperature water to strike temperature in about 20 mins max. The stand is rock solid, I can't see it having any issue with double the volumes. If anything, it would benefit from a bigger pot, as I have to turn it down as the flame laps over the side.

Wonkydonkey
Drunk as a Skunk

Post by Wonkydonkey » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:06 pm

I do hope that pic is for show, as the one I've used made the concrete very hot under the pot, so the wooden top would burn in your pic.

And I do think it's a bit much for a 100lt of water/wort, I'd say 70lts and don't forget to take all the other factors in to account IE heat loss from pot and wind etc.
To Busy To Add,

GeezyPeezy
Tippler

Post by GeezyPeezy » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:37 pm

Notlaw wrote:I use that burner. I use it with a 49l Vogue pot, but usually only do 5 gallon batches. It's a beast of a burner and gets my wort from high fifties after draining the tun, to boiling in less than 10 mins. It will get 30+ litres of ambient temperature water to strike temperature in about 20 mins max. The stand is rock solid, I can't see it having any issue with double the volumes. If anything, it would benefit from a bigger pot, as I have to turn it down as the flame laps over the side.

Great thanks for that. No worries with the weight then? Is it a solid stand? I brew in the garage near the door with the doors and open so I have very little problems with the elements.

Should cut my brew day down by a decent portion too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Notlaw
Piss Artist

Post by Notlaw » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:32 am

Yaah, the stand is rock solid... its not going anywhere.

@Wonky - I have a pizza stone thing that I slide under there when the gas is on and its fine. Have done it several times with no problems at all.