ACE one-pot brewing system

A forum to discuss one pot automated brewing systems.
dbambrick996
Piss Artist

Re: ACE one-pot brewing system

Post by dbambrick996 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:43 am

With the gf you know you are buying a quality product with loads of accessories and great product support. They also have a great site with weekly brew blogs targeted to their system. It's well established so you can buy with confidence.

I have a plate chiller and built my own system. If I was to start from scratch I would buy a gf without hesitation. If I had a good quality chiller I would go for the ace but I would replace the controller with a craftbeerpi, smart pid or ardbir.

100 pound is a big difference but I would pay it for piece of mind.

Fastline
Hollow Legs

Post by Fastline » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:23 pm

Hadn't heard of craftbeerpi till now

Just had a quick look at the website for it, doesn't look like an out of the box solution although does look very powerful

Food for thought anyone had a play with craftbeerpi

dbambrick996
Piss Artist

Post by dbambrick996 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:37 pm

Fastline wrote:Hadn't heard of craftbeerpi till now

Just had a quick look at the website for it, doesn't look like an out of the box solution although does look very powerful

Food for thought anyone had a play with craftbeerpi
Yep, it's very straight forward and easy to use. There is an app you can download that will set it up for you. I had it installed on a pi zero and it ran very well. Once you setup your pi and install craftbeerpi you can connect to it over your wifi network from any browser. Version 3 is currently in development

tickle

Post by tickle » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:38 am

just wonder how long the heater element last for
and can they be replaced or do it mean that the boiler just become scrap metal
also seen this on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcTXiv0XWW0

Fastline
Hollow Legs

Post by Fastline » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:45 am

Certainly with both the ace and the Grainfather there elements are not designed to be changed.

This may be where I suspect you would probably get a better customer service from Grainfather.

Only time would tell.

Times have changed, very little these days is built to last and with the way the legal system is these days you probably wouldn't encourage anyone to change an element for fear of prosecution when they get it wrong and electrocute themselves slightly.

shepp

Post by shepp » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:56 pm

tickle wrote:just wonder how long the heater element last for
and can they be replaced or do it mean that the boiler just become scrap metal
also seen this on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcTXiv0XWW0
Looking at that video, I feel a bit uncomfortable seeing the pump sited in such an enclosed and unvented environment.
Maybe that's why the Grainfather and Bulldog have external pumps?
Otherwise it looks quite reasonably put together for the money.

tickle

Post by tickle » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:18 pm

mine as two side vents on it
also if you look a bit closer you can just see the vents in the video

MrBarrySir

Post by MrBarrySir » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:52 am

Where's the cheapest place to buy a grainfather with the new controller?

Fastline
Hollow Legs

Post by Fastline » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:57 pm

Best I have seen is geterbrewed.com you get the Grainfather with new connect control and a free Grainfather sparge water heater and a choice of beer kit for £750

tazuk

Post by tazuk » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:28 pm

got me self one great system and its 40 ltr to the brim so better head space for boil as others only 30L sold my 3 pot stainless system as taking up too mutch room :D

andyryan218

Post by andyryan218 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:36 pm

I have just purchased one of these and can honestly say delivery and service has been class.

I've not done any brewing for a few years and then I only did extract a few times. The thought of the old 3 vessel type system put me off the all grain step up.

So here I am ready to give it a crack after observing from afar. I am fortunate to already having a qyality kegerator and a fair few empty kegs and fermenter kicking around.

I plan to give this it's first run out next week with a kit from the malt miller, prob a dead pony club clone.

Any advice pointers etc would be greatly appreciated and I look forward to the all grain experience.

Tvm

Andy

sanygor

Post by sanygor » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:09 pm

I will demonstrate the work of an automatic brewery for 30 liters. Video in Russian
https://youtu.be/MDGJ6JPUYoc
To understand the comment
You can use the translation of subtitles by setting in the Youtube settings the captions in English

sanygor

Post by sanygor » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:11 pm

Step-by-step recipe for wheat beer WEIZEN at home from pouring water to tasting - a full cycle.
https://youtu.be/WZeRoztbJW8