where next

Get advice on making beer from raw ingredients (malt, hops, water and yeast)
steveshep8676
Sober

Re: where next

Post by steveshep8676 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:16 pm

peracetic acid is the best thing there is and it doesn't need to be rinsed off, it leaves a protective film on the surface.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tourer
Hollow Legs
Location: spitting distance of the Beacon hotel, home of Ruby red

Post by tourer » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:13 pm

Well, i bottled and the yeast still appeared. so uncapped a bottle drained to a jug, took a bottle brush to the bottle washed scrubbed and starsand then put the beer back with a little sugar to reprime. Well it's been 3 weeks since i bottled and 2 weeks for the recleaned bottle and there doesn't appear to be any yeast in the recleaned bottle now. So I assume that it was the lack of bottle brush that caused the problem. I thought the bottles were clean looking at them but when i used the bottle brush and then rinsed looking at the bottle base i could see a round area which was dirty. Does anyone know of a good bottle brush? Most of the usual one's are a little skinny for that job.
Thanks for the input

tourer
Hollow Legs
Location: spitting distance of the Beacon hotel, home of Ruby red

Post by tourer » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:27 pm

Old post i know but i've done a few brews since and needed to clarify what the problem was. I have kept to my normal cleaning regime and it seems that it was not using a bottle brush that caused the issues. all my brew bottles have been crystal clear since using a bottle brush, can't say that for some of the beers though :D . Thanks all for the input